40 Tasty Snacks Under 50 Calories For Weight Loss
Choosing snacks under 50 calories is not easy, but it is doable. The average small bag of chips can pack up to 300 calories... and that's not at all filling. A satisfying day of meals can amount to over 3000 calories on average. If you want to lose weight and maintain your goal weight, then you will have to educate yourself about the type of foods you enjoy in order to make intelligent eating choices at every meal.
Snacks make up a significant portion of our daily calorie intake. Unfortunately, because snacks are usually not as filling as a main meal, we often take them for granted. There are however, many great choices that we can make every day to satisfy the munchies. Fruits and vegetables are cheap, healthy choices to consider but there are other neat selection of foods too. Here are 40 tasty snacks under 50 calories to consider when dieting.
15 Sweet Snacks Under 50 Calories
1. 12 Medium Strawberries (36 calories)
2. 1 Small ripe banana
3. 1 Orange (110g or less)
4. 1 cup assorted berries (raspberries & blackberries) with low fat whipped cream topping
5. 12 medium strawberries with whipped cream or Hershey's Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup (45 - 50 calories)
6. 1 mini box raisins
7. 1 Mott's Natural, No Sugar Added Applesauce
8. 1 cup Almond Silk Original Unsweetened Milk (30 calories)
9. 1 cup Almond Silk Original Unsweetened Milk with 2 tbsp Hershey's Sugar-free Lite Syrup ... chocolate, strawberry or caramel flavors. (40 - 45 calories)
10. 2 pks JELL-O Sugar Free Gelatin Snacks (20 calories)
11. 1 cup watermelon balls
12. 1/2 small grapefruit
13. 1/2 apple with 1/2 tub low fat yogurt, sprinkled with sugar sprinkles, cinnamon, nutmeg or finely chopped mint leaves.
14. 2 roasted regular sized marshmallows
15. 25 Miniature marshmallows
13 Salty and Savory Snacks Under 50 Calories
1. 1 Slice of ham and 2 rice crackers (brands under 15 calories each) (48 calories)
2. One and a half cup air-popped popcorn without butter. You can add a dash of salt to taste. (47 calories)
3. 2 Large stalks of celery chopped with 2 dollops of low fat daisy sour cream
4. 1 Large or 2 small strips of turkey bacon, baked to a crisp
5. 3 Wholewheat crackers, each topped with 1 tsp low fat or fat free whipped cheese spread.
6. Mix 1/2 tsp salt in 1 cup of water. Wash 6 full lettuce leaves carefully and put to soak in the salty mixture for 1 minute. Remove lettuce leaves and enjoy.
7. 3 3 inch long kosher dill / cucumber pickles.
8. 30 pieces of dried shrimps, with or without pepper or salt.
9. 1 Wedge low fat laughing cow cheese.
10. Slice 1 medium tomato, grill each slice on both sides for 30 seconds. Top with Parmesan cheese.
11. 3 Broccoli spears steamed and topped with 1 tsp whipped cream cheese each.
12. 4 tablespoons or 2 ounces of cottage cheese.
13. 13 Pistachios or 20 peanuts
12 Filling Snacks Under 50 Calories
1. Cheesy Veggies (45 Cal)
- 1/2 cup carrots (diced)
- 1/2 cup string beans (diced)
- 1/2 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp reduced fat or fat free whipped cream cheese
Steam vegetables lightly for about 6 minutes. Strain, stir in whipped cream cheese and serve.
2. Sweet n Spicy Tomato Salad (45-51 Cal)
- 1/2 cup tomato (diced)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet peppers
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar (or 1 sachet sugar-free sweetener)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Add diced tomato and chopped lettuce to a medium bowl. In a small cup or bowl, mix together apple cider vinegar, sugar, parsley, olive oil and cayenne pepper. Add dressing to vegetable, tossing well to distribute evenly. Serve chilled.
3. Sweet Pumpkin Cream (50 Cal)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin (steamed and mashed)
- 1 tsp Country Crock reduced fat light margarine
- 1 sachet sugar free sweetener
- 1 tbsp 1% low fat cows milk
- low fat/fat free or 15 calories per serving or less whipped cream
- 1/4 tsp Candy sprinkles
Mash steamed pumpkin with butter, sugar-free sweetener and milk to a medium bowl. Scoop mixture in a small dessert bowl/cup, add a spray of whipped cream then add sprinkles and enjoy.
4. Strawberry Salad (50 cal)
- 9 single raisins
- 1/4 cup strawberries diced
- 1/4 cup cantaloupe diced
- 1 tsp honey
Add all ingredients to dessert bowl and stir. Serve chilled or eat right away
5. String Beans Sesame (49 calories)
- 1 1/2 cup 1/2 inch cut string beans
- 1/2 tsp Country Crock reduced fat light margarine
- Dash of salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
Lightly steam string beans with salt, pepper and margarine. Drain, sprinkle sesame seeds and serve. You can also add a tablespoon of other fresh herbs such as chives, onion, garlic and parsley.
6. Scrumptious Tossed Salad with fat-free dressing
- 1 cup lettuce chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato diced
- 1/4 cup cucumber diced
- 1/8 cup or 2 heaped tablespoons of apples, diced
- 1/4 cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- 1/2 tsp parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp chives finely chopped
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 pouch sugar alternative sweetener
- 2 tsp Heinz ketchup
Add prepared vegetables to a medium bowl and toss well together. In a small bowl or saucer, add ketchup, vinegar, sweetener, parsley, chives and whip with a fork. Add dressing to salad and toss thoroughly.
7. Sweet Indulgence (50 calories!)
- 1 pk JELL-O sugar free Gelatin
- 5 Medium Strawberries diced
- 6 Blackberries
- 2 tbsp Hershey's Sugar-free caramel syrup
- Can Whipped Cream (1- - 15 calories/ 2tbsp)
In a small bowl, prepare gelatin as instructed on packet. Refrigerate gelatin for about 30 minutes. Stir in strawberries, blackberries and caramel syrup. Allow to cool for the entire time instructed on the packet. Serve with whipped cream topping.
8. Caramel Crunch Popcorn (50 - 55 calories)
- 2 tsp popping corn kernels (makes a little more than 1 cup popped corn)
- 2 tbsp Hershey's Sugar-Free Caramel Syrup (or sugar-free Chocolate Syrup)
- dash of salt
- 1 sachet Sugar-free sweetener
In a small bowl add corn kernels. Mix in caramel syrup, sugar-free sweetener and salt. Place ingredients in a small paper bag and fold shut ( about 3 folds). Place in microwave for about 1 and a half minutes- or until you hear the popping significantly reduced. Be careful when opening as the popped corn will be hot. Serve and enjoy.
9. Strawberry Baked Apples (50 calories)
- 1 apple cored
- 1/4 tsp grounded cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp grounded nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Smucker's sugar-free strawberry preserves
- 1 tsp light, low fat butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp red wine with 2 tbsp water
Remove apple core. In a small bowl, combine strawberry preserves, spices and margarine. Put the apple in a small baking dish. Pour water and wine mixture over apple and add butter and preserves mixture to the apple's core. Cover and let bake for about 1 hour.
10. Vege-Grape Kebab (3 kebabs = 40-50 calories)
- 1/2 medium cucumber ruggedly chopped
- 1 medium tomato diced large
- 1/2 medium sweet pepper, cut into large pieces (about 1 inch squares)
- 3 single seedless grapes halved.
- 3 Medium kebab sticks
Add vegetable pieces and grapes in alternate order to kebab sticks. Spray for less than a second with olive oil cooking spray and place on hot grill. Be sure to turn kebabs as the cook to prevent burning.
11. Creamy Smoothie
- 1/3 cup strawberries frozen
- 1/4 cup frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup frozen assorted berries
- 1/2 cup low calorie unsweetened almond milk
- dash of grounded nutmeg or pinch of cinnamon
Put almond milk and fruits in a blender. Blend at high speed or smoothie option if available. Depending on the power of your blender, you may need to turn over ingredients with a spoon at intervals. Serve in a dessert cup or bowl and sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon.
12. Old Fashion Hot Cocoa with marshmallows
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp low fat coffee-mate creamer
- 10 mini marshmallows
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 tsp grounded nutmeg
- 1 tbsp whipped cream topping (15 calories)
Bring water the cup of water to a boil. Add nutmeg to boiling water, cover and let simmer for 1 minute. Add cocoa powder and almond milk. Remove from flame and pour in a large mug. Stir in coffee creamer and marshmallows. Spray with whipped cream and Enjoy.