50 Things We Hate to Love
Are you a happy addict?
While creating this article I came to the conclusion that I'm a happy addict. Most of the things we hate to love are addictive. They are also considered guilty pleasures. We love them, yet hate them. It's an ongoing battle within ourselves.
For one reason or another we continue to love these guilty pleasures even though they might not be healthy for us. They could be endangering our lives or other lives. These addictions could also be harmless or mere entertainment. They could also occupy our time, when we could be using that time more constructively.
In a nutshell it all depends on you and the things you hate to love.
I asked a few friends, family and random social network contacts to tell me what things they hate to love. They were more then willing to share. All names will be kept confidential to protect the innocent, or not so innocent.
You, as the reader might see yourself in one, or possibly more of these things. Maybe you haven't thought about your guilty pleasures until now. Maybe you could do something to change your lifestyle, or maybe not. Some of us enjoy our addictions. We are considered happy addicts. Some of us aren't. The ball is in your court.
I now give you 50 things we hate to love...
Some things we hate to love...
- Celebrity drama. The media just won't let it go. Sure it's interesting for a day or two, but no longer than that. Just let it go!
- Work. Some of us tend to be workaholics.
- Winning. Being overly competitive isn't all that.
- Football. Even though being a couch potato and watching football all weekend is fun, getting some exercise, some sunshine and family time could be more satisfying.
- Pet Stores. Seeing the animals caged up in their own mess is quite sad.
- Fresh garlic cloves and then attempting to carry on a conversation.
- Law & Order TV Marathons. Oh, how addicting these shows are.
- Country Music. Many people won't admit it, but they listen to country songs in private.
- Facebook. Yet, another addiction we "like."
- Late night snacks and finding crumbs in your bed.
- Alcohol. Mixed Drinks. Beer. Wine.
- Spending over budget for Christmas presents.
- N'Sync and Britney Spears.
- Pornography. Adult material.
- Expensive purses and shoes that are out of our budget, yet you purchase them anyway.
More things we hate to love...
16. Ex's. Ex-wife. Ex-husband. Ex-boyfriend. Ex-girlfriend. Etc...
17. Pinterest and hours of pinning interesting pins to our boards.
18. Gossip. If someone gossips to you, chances are they are gossiping about you. Nix the gossip.
19. Eating meat. The dark meat, white meat and the other white meat.
20. Being fake. Fake nails, hair, boobs ... everything fake falls into this catergory.
21. My best friends girlfriend. Now, that could be a problem.
22. Reality TV Shows of all sorts. Jersey Shore, for real? Does anyone really watch that?
23. One night stands and not remembering their name the next morning. Or you hope they don't remember you.
24. Swear words. Yet, they are beneficial to our health.
25. Chocolate. Any way, shape or form.
26. Texting. Especially while driving. Risk takers need to pull over to text or get pulled over.
27. Nancy Grace. Even though she might annoy us, we continue to watch. Why?
28. Infomercials. They are so lame, yet insomniacs still watch them and probably make purchases!
29. HubPages and all the entire hubbing community.
30. Tabloids. Rag Mags. We are drawn to the headlines like a dog to a bone. We want to know the latest, juiciest celebrity gossip.
31. Girl Scout Cookies. Those sweet girls pushing those yummy treats, we fall in the trap each time. It's an ongoing yearly process. Will we ever "Just say no?" Probably not.
32. Cigarettes. Yes, they are supposedly bad for us, but smoking is still a personal choice.
33. Online games. Farmville. Cityville. Zynga. Slingo. Words With Friends. Etc...
34. Burping, farting and picking the nose. I figured I would lump these together, since most people do them, we would just rather not witness someone else doing them.
35. Gambling. Slots. Scratch-offs. Lotto. Poker. Etc...
Just a few more things we hate to love...
36. Money. The root of all evil, but we need money to survive. Some people will go to extremes for money. Money could destroy people.
37. Drugs. Whether legal or illegal. Drug dealers.
38. Bad relationships. Loving the person who is wrong for you.
39. Favorite sports teams that continue to disappoint, but we still love them.
40. Excessive tattoos. Tats are addicting.
41. Karaoke. If we could really hear what we sound like, we might put a halt to this method of entertaining ourselves.
42. Caffeine. Any way, shape or form.
43. Road trips. With kids. If only cars could fly.
44. Fast food. Junk food. Munchies.
45. That certain song that gets stuck in your head.
46. Mobile phones and all of their awesome apps.
47. NASCAR. Round and round and round they go. Where they end up, no one really knows.
48. eBay and it's many daily deals.
49. Whining and whiners. We all do it. We all hear it. We all deal with it.
50. Getting old...and older...and older...but, so much better.
This rounds up my list. Feel free to add the things that you hate to love in the comment section below. I guarantee there are many, many more. I look forward to hearing about your guilty pleasures or addictions or both. They are what they are. You are who you are. This is what makes us unique individuals. As long as you aren't hurting anyone in the process it's all good. Or bad. You either hate it, or love it. Keep on shining!
Rihanna - Hate That I Love you featuring Ne-Yo
Are you a happy addict?
© 2012 Linda Bilyeu