- Mental Health»
50 Ways to Bring on a Sunshine Smile
A smile is a gift to others...
I'm a believer in "Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you". That was not a typo, it's what I believe strongly in, since the other way didn't work out too well for me.
So far, my way has worked out fine for all involved.
We all like to smile, need to smile and want to smile. But some days we just don't feel like it.
I've uncovered some easy ways to make someone else smile, hence the sunshine smile.
We all have good days and bad days. How we handle those bad days is our choice.
We could allow ourselves to sulk or pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and do a random act of kindness for someone.
The act could be no big deal to you, but it could change someone's day, week or possibly their year!
I acquired some help from my 7 yr old granddaughter Faith and her friends because they are who inspired this hub.
I also appreciate the wonderful additional ways from my favorite shiner's Chris, Jill, Michelle, Ida, Dave, Carissa, Jon, David and Aileen. You all rock!
Please feel free to add your wonderful ways to share kindness to others in order to create a sunshine smile. Shine on!
Turn that frown upside down...
Are you ready to bring on a sunshine smile?
- Give someone a toy (age 5)
- Surprise your mommy with a card (age 6)
- Make a silly face (age 3)
- Buy them a car (age 6)
- Wash the dinner dishes (age 9)
- Tickle someone (age 5)
- Give a bear hug or a virtual hug!
- Pay the highway toll for the person behind you in line!
- Cook their favorite meal dinner!
- Send a text to say, "I'm thinking about you"
- Have their favorite flowers delivered.
- Give a grouchy-looking person a sunshine smile.
- Hold the door open for whomever is behind or in front of you.
- Pay off a layaway of a random person. Chances are if the items are on layaway funds could be tight.
- Assist your elderly neighbor!
- Help a short person reach the top shelf!
- Offer to babysit or arrange kid swapping nights. You watch their kids and in return they'll watch your kids.
- Wash the car of someone who isn't able to.
- Give a compliment and watch that Sunshine Smile beam.
- Help fix the flat of a stranded motorist.
- Mow your neighbor's yard while they are on vacation.
- Donate money to St Jude or a charity of your choice.
- Leave goodies in the mailbox for the mailman.
- Bring brownies to your kids teacher.
- Take balloons to a childrens hospital.
Adorable - Sunshine Smile
More ways to bring on a sunshine smile...
26. Leave quarters in the change return of a soda machine.
27. Give a larger than normal tip for excellent restaurant service.
28. While at Starbucks pay for the customer next in line.
29. Treat a homeless person to a Happy Meal from McDonalds.
30. Bring chicken soup to an ill friend.
31. While at the grocery store and the customer in front of you is short on cash, help them out.
32. Always be courteous to a handicapped person.
33. Offer a side job to a friend who's down on their luck.
34. Offer to tend to friends pets in time of need.
35. Mail a surprise gift or just a card to a friend or family member.
36. Create a scrapbook of memories.
37. Offer a neck or foot massage and not expect one in return.
38. Start an online support group and share your expertise.
39. Purchase a magazine subscription for a gift that lasts all year.
40. Treat someone special to a movie or lunch or both.
41. Suggest to watch a sunrise or sunset with a friend who has been blue.
42. Pay off someone's credit card debt.
43. Introduce them to music they haven't heard and might enjoy.
44. Listen while they vent, no need to solve their problems. Listening, in itself does wonders.
45. Write a poem and place it in their lunchbag.
46. Offer to pick up someone's groceries.
47. When you receive excellent service, email the company and give the employee a shout-out.
48. Repair someone's computer for no compensation.
49. Accompany a family or friend to a doctor visit and take notes for them. How often have you been to the doctor and forgot the small, but important details that were discussed?
50. Pimp a fellow hubber or blogger.
Additional HubPage Articles
- 50 Things To Do Once In A Lifetime
Most of us aren't as daring as others. Most of us constantly say "one day" I'll try it or not. I've compiled a list of 50 things to do once in lifetime. How about the next time you "do" instead of "don't do"...
- 70 Reasons To Smile
A smile turns a frown upside down ...
Have you learned new ways to bring on the Sunshine Smile?
© 2012 Linda Bilyeu