50 Ways to Totally Change the Way You Think
Change your Mindset
How to Change Your Mindset
Here are 50 ways you can totally change your mindset. A positive mindset goes a long way, if you train yourself to change the way you think you will no doubt see a major change in your life. Try and live your life with a positive outlook and you never know what opportunities could come your way. Take a look through these 50 ways of changing your thought patterns, and you could find something that could change your life. Go ahead, take a look!
1. Get a gratitude journal. If you do not have one already, get your hands on one. A gratitude journal is just a notebook where you write down what you are thankful for every day. It helps to change your outlook on life. Go grab a notebook now!
2. Smile when you really do not feel like it, sometimes you really just feel like screaming or frowning rather than smiling. Smile anyway.
3. Be present in the moment. Think about what you are doing in the here and now, to eliminate stress and anxiety.
4. Spend time with people who make you feel good about yourself. This will change your outlook, because you will feel more relaxed and more confident.
5. Say Thank you when someone compliments you.
6. Remember that people are not always judging you. When you think like this you will feel more confident about yourself.
7. Make a list of all your strengths and talents. You will see how blessed you really are when it is on paper.
8.Spend time doing things you love and enjoy.
9.Remember that every decision that you make is a choice. Even the decision you make to not make a choice.
10. Learn to think about your emotions, know when you are angry, when you are sad and when you are happy.
11. Laugh every day of the week. They say that laughter is really the best medicine.
12. Put a beautiful album together with all the wonderful things in your life. Stick it on your wall and look at it every day.
13. Do something every day that frightens you.
14. Get a role model. Someone who is successful, happy and content with their life and take advice from them. They might be online or offline, learn about what they do to make themselves happy.
15. Listen to people when they are down, give help and advice where you can. You never know when you might need a helping hand.
16. Get your life in order. If you have clutter all over your house and papers flying out of your ears. Get everything in order, and cleanse your life.You feel happier and less stressed.
17. Make yourself look fantastic every day. If you look good, you feel good.
18. Learn to accept that things change.
19.Practice before a difficult conversation. When you are about to have a difficult conversation it is best to know what you are going to say first otherwise you will end up saying things you do not mean. This reduces stress and helps you think more positive about situations.
20. Look the positive in every situation. This is not always easy but you feel a lot better when you start trying to look for good things rather than negative things.
21. Exercise. Exercise releases endorphines in the body which can help you to feel happy and healthy. Take a long brisk walk every day before you do anything.
22. Be your own best friend, love yourself.
23. Always have something to look forward to. This will keep you balanced and positive about life and the future.
24. Talk to people who see the bigger picture, and think positive about life.
25. Read positive thinking books. Do not fill up your bookshelf with these books because you will end up reading through everything and never actually taking any action. However, read three or four of these a year to gain positive perspective and outlook.
26. Take a walk in the park and stop and smell the flowers along the way.
27. Take a break.
28. Pamper yourself whenever you can.
29. Read about people who are in a worse situation than you, you will realise that your situation is not that bad.
31. Build strong relationships with your family.
32. Help people without expecting to get something in return.
33. Be open minded
34. Treat yourself once in a while.
35. Take responsibility of your own actions instead of blaming others for your behaviour.
36. Hold yourself accountable and get things done.
37.Avoid meaningless gossip and hearsay.
38. Get Counselling. If you are facing a really hard time and you need help get professional help.
39. Remember that time heals pain.
40. Try to think of three solutions to a problem before deciding on one.
41. Be honest with yourself and with others
42. Try and be the change you want to see in others.
43. Believe in your own power, you can do anything you put your mind to.
44. When you think of a negative thought replace it with a positive thought straight away.
45. Count to 10 before doing something, think about it carefully before reacting.
47. Get a hobby if you do not already have one. Learn something new and experience new things.
48. Travel. If you cannot afford to travel abroad or go somewhere fancy. Visit a town you have never visited before in your own country.
49. Read stories of people who have turned their lives around.
50. Give to charity or start volunteering.