- Quality of Life & Wellness»
- Personal Development
50 Things You Should Never Do
50 Things You Should Never Do | Never for a Better Life.
We all know the basic things we should never do for a better life. We shouldn't lie, cheat, steal, kill and a whole host of common sense things. Here is a list of things that may not be so obvious, but will help you improve your life. 50 things you should never do, never for a better life. The world is a big place and can become overwhelming if you allow too many people into your inner circle. Guard your circle like you would guard your child’s life or your own life. Take care of yourself and you will live a long healthy and prosperous life. 50 things you should never do, never for a better life.
1. Never forget to moisturize your face daily. A good face moisturizer is priceless, so don't be cheap if you want to always look ten years younger.
2. Never go a day without sunscreen. Remember if it is light out, there are UV rays coming down!
3. Never wear cheap, too tight shoes. They will cause corns, calluses and other foot problems.
4. Never forget to add at least two tablespoons of olive oil to your diet every day. Olive oil helps reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and a host of others.
5. Never skip doctors visits or dentist appointments. Your health is your greatest asset.
6. Never "let yourself go." Your appearance and how you treat yourself shows the world who you are before you even say a word. Remember perception is reality. No, it's not 100% accurate, but it's what people believe from what they see. Example: People who wear their pajamas out in public. They are telling a story about themselves and it's not a good one.
7. Never go to bed angry. You will lose sleep and be aggravated the next morning.
8. Never drive while you are angry. You will be putting yourself and others at risk of an accident.
9. Never let the word "I hate" spew out of your mouth.
10. Never let the word "I can't" spew out of your mouth.
What is your number one priority in life?
11. Never say anything you can't repeat, anytime, any place and to anyone. This is what hurts this world on a daily basis. Always remember "loose lips sink ships."
12. Never allow anyone to abuse you, verbally or physically. During adversity, when you are weak, then you are strong!
13. Never let a person show you who they really are but once. Run like there's no tomorrow to avoid the misery.
14. Never worry over people who really have no effect on your life. Haters, hate-that's what they do! Don't get angry with a person who has absolutely nothing to do with your life. Focus more on the people and things around you that really matter. Laugh at your haters and keep it moving.
15. Never be gullible. People will use you if you allow them to.
16. Never be indecisive. If you don't make a decision someone will make it for you.
17. Never let other people schedule your time. Sometimes you just have to say no. Tell them you have other priorities at the moment. Other priorities can mean anything, family time, work or just plain me time. Don't do things you don't want to do just because you were asked!
18. Never keep toxic people around. These are people who just can't seem to get their stuff together. Their mishaps are always caused by somebody else to let them tell it. Toxic people are also the gossipers and the backbiters that always want to talk about others. They always have something negative to tell you about somebody else. Avoid them like the plague. They will poison your life if you let them in.
19. Never invest too much time into fake people. If 50% of a persons outer appearance is fake and 50% of what they tell you is fake, you can best believe you will never know the "Real" person. They don't even know who they are.
20. Never post on social media sites when you are going on a trip and will be away from home. Criminals are on Facebook too. People post extremely too much of their personal information. This can come back and bite you in the butt.
21. Never make excuses. People are always making excuses for why they didn't do this or that. Don't be that person. Always take responsibility for your actions. Procrastinators suck!
22. Never ruminate. This is obsessing over how someone did you wrong or treated you badly. Ruminating can cause depression. Distract yourself with something positive or meditate.
23. Never ignore signs of a medical condition. If you have pain that never goes away or see something on your body that just doesn't look right, see a doctor before it's too late.
24. Never neglect your finances. Ignoring them will only cause stress and worry. Pay your bills on time. If you can't pay tackle them head on. If you are late on something make payment arrangements. If you have bad debt call the company and ask for a settlement. Most debts can be settled for less than what you owe.
25. Never sit all day. Get up and exercise, cook, walk, go out. Do something. Living a sedentary lifestyle can kill you.
26. Never stay at a job you hate. Of course you shouldn't quit if you don't have a backup plan, but hating your job causes stress and illnesses. Find something you love to do and work will become enjoyable.
27. Never keep someone waiting just for the fun of it. An example could be purposely waiting to reply to a text message or phone call. You may find tension in the relationship of the person trying to reach you and this could be the cause. Most people really hate being ignored. If someone is important to you don't keep them waiting.
28. Never bite off more than you can chew. So many people run themselves ragged on a daily basis. They don't eat or sleep right and are constantly on the go. We like to call it running on fumes. Over time this will cause your body to start breaking down prematurely. You are not a machine and you must learn how to say no.
29. Never put yourself down or anyone for that matter. This can cause low self-esteem and depression in some people.
30. Never let anything or anyone steal your joy. You decide to be happy. Don't give that power away. Guard yourself even from negative media. Watching the news sometimes can even be a real mood killer.
31. Never throw a tantrum over something you cannot change. Life’s unpredictable changes are survivable. Accept the change and make something good happen from it.
32. Never think negative, always think positive! You can't think negative thoughts and expect to live a positive life. You do not want to speak or think something negative into existence.
33. Never hang around people who don't inspire you to be better. Also, remember if you're the smartest one in your group, you're in the wrong damn group. You want to be able to teach, mentor and learn!
34. Never let anyone stand in the way of your dreams or success. You will surely regret it if you do.
35. Never depend on another person to make you happy. People will let you down and that's a fact. Why on earth would you put your happiness in another persons hands. Be happy! Count your blessings, act happy, have faith, exercise, learn something new, help someone: these are just a few things that will cause instant happiness.
36. Never fall for the okey doke. Just because someone tells you something doesn't mean it's true. Remember actions always speak louder than words!
37. Never forget to show you care. Cultivating healthy relationships take time and energy.
38. Never be a "side chick." "Ain’t nothing sadder than an outdoor cat that thinks she’s an indoor cat"
39. Never be a "main chick" when there's a "side chick". Respect yourself and bow out gracefully.
41. Never stop believing in yourself and your abilities. You have what it takes to be great at something. Trusting your decisions gives you the motivation you need to be successful at just about anything.
42. Never take the people you love and who love you for granted. These people will be around when it seems like the rest of the world is absent.
43. Never pass on an opportunity to bless someone else. Giving brings joy and happiness.
44. Never forget to tell people you love them as much as possible. Just don't tell them, show them!
45. Never make a promise you know you can't keep.
46. Never forget to say please and thank you. These are some very important words that people just don't use like they use to. These are feel good words and they often come with a smile. They are instant mood boosters.
47. Never miss an opportunity to laugh. Laughing feels good and is a healthy gesture. Laughter is believed to reduce pain and blood sugar levels, help blood vessels function better and improve emotional stability. People who laugh a lot are happier people all around and it is very noticeable.
48. Never skip on sleep. Our bodies aren't made to run 24/7. They can break down. Lack of sleep can cause many health problems along with decreased mental focus and a crappy mood.
50. And never ever forget that if something's not working for you today, tomorrow you can start over or try something new! That's what makes Life So Great!