- Exercise & Fitness»
6 Hot Yoga Poses for Beginners
Looking at the tough yoga positions could be cringe-inducing to you. However, this will be temporary for you as a beginner. Initially, you need to focus on some basic, simple, quick-execution poses to get you started. Here are six you can attempt in your first few Hot yoga sessions.
ARDHA CHANDRASANA & PADA HASTANA
These asanas bring great benefits to your body.
- The postures relieve you with pain in your lower back or any issues regarding positions.
- Exercises possibly all of your organ systems including circulatory, glandular, pancreatic, muscular, and skeletal systems, etc.
- These asanas provide vitality and quick energy.
- Provides strengths to your calves, thighs along with your body's central system.
- Tones your abdominal body organs and spinal nerves improving your bowel activity.
- Increased spine flexibility.
- Helps in shaping your hips, buttock, and waistline reducing your mental stress and anxiety level.
- Lock your arms and engage your arm muscles completely.
- Now, straighten your body towards the ceiling and slowly bend yourself backwards distributing this bend evenly all over your spine.
- While you proceed with Pada Hastasana, glue your body to legs and move your elbow behind your calf muscles, keeping it as close as possible.
- Move your face further down your limbs lifting your hips towards the ceiling. Congratulations! You just aced the basic asana of Hot Yoga.
AWKAWARD POSE- Utkatasana
- These asanas keep you warmed up for other yoga poses.
- Circulates blood from knees to ankles healing your chronical cold feet.
- Helps you in getting relieved of joint pain, cramps, muscle pains, and arthritis in limbs.
- Increases the flexibility of your hip and strengthens all the muscles of your legs and arms.
- Helps in bettering lower-spine and slipped discs related problems.
- Keep your hands parallel to your floor maintaining a 6-inch gap between your knees and hands.
- Ease tardiness by focusing on your stretched arms, keeping fingers together accompanied by normal breathing.
EAGLE POSE- Garurasana
- It works for 12 major joints at a time.
- Heals your central nervous system along while enhancing your lymphatic functions.
- Improves your balance, immune system, and hip-joint movement.
- Reduces varicose veins, strengthens your legs, deltoid, and trapezius.
- Remember to breathe while you do this pose.
- Pull your stomach inside keeping your thighs away. Keep your palms together and position fingers below the nose.
- Maintain a straight pose and enter into sitting position.
- Clasp your thighs and knees together as you maintain a contact between them, creating further increase tourniquet effect.
- While you focus all your body's weight on the standing foot, remove the gap between your standing leg and coiled foot.
BALANCING STICK POSE- Tuladandasana
- These asanas increase cardiovascular circulation, especially in the heart providing a full spinal stress relief.
- Improves your posture along with controlling and balancing you physically and mentally.
- Reduces varicose pain and spinal stress
- Exercises your liver, pancreas, and digestive, nervous, and circulatory system.
- Prevents from cardiac problems
- Keep your knees locked and stomach inside.
- Point one of your toes straight-backwards.
- Press your arms against your ears such that there is no gap between them
- Stretch your body from both the sides.
TRIANGLE ASANA- Trikanasana
- These asanas flex and revitalize both sides of your body improving your joint and muscular pain.
- Regulates your hormonal levels strengthening your legs and hips.
- Reduces saddle bags and works for all muscles group.
- Effects spondylitis, colitis, constipation, low blood pressure, and menstrual disorders.
- -Stretch your arms, one up and another one down.
- Keep your shoulders down and touch it with your chin.
- Touch lowered fingers between your 1st and 2nd toe pushing both hips towards the mirror.
- As you stretch your arms towards ceiling keep your torso flat and aligned straight.
- Remember to breathe as you let positive vibes seep in.
- Do not let your chest out. Maintain hips down as you sit down and do not let your hips move up.
These 'Beginner poses' for hot yoga are and easy to perform. Healthwise, these hot yoga poses can be very beneficial for you and has a triggered impact when conducted in a heated environment which is exactly the whole point of hot yoga.