7 Simple Tricks : How to control your Emotions
Your uncontrolled emotions will break your relationship with others. You must learn to control your emotions to keep your relations in good health for a long time. To be successful in life, career or to build good everlasting relations, you must keep a tab on your emotional quotient. It is very difficult to being accepted by the society if your anger, jealousy, anxiety, stress and depressions are not properly managed.
It is more common in a day to day life that we regret for our actions we do because of uncontrolled emotions. Bitter and hateful words which come out from our mouth towards other people or our hurtful actions are capable of causing permanent damage to our relationship. Our responses can sometimes damage chances of important opportunities in life. Controlling emotions is the best way to avoid similar situations and preserve your relationship in good health. Therefore you need not to feel regretful at the end. In order to effectively overcome or avoid unhealthy situations, it is very important to understand what human emotional responses are. Why we are undergoing through it and how to manage feelings.
It is really very important to manage your emotions to be successful in any field either at work or at home. Human feeling like anxiety, angry, depression, stress, jealousy etc. will ruin any relations. Following are some of the simple tricks to control emotions.
- The best way of managing your feelings is by routine practice of meditation and yoga. Regular yoga practices will helps to harmonize your mind with your body. It helps you to become more aware of your mental and physical health. Join a yoga class or buy yoga mat, started kit and start practicing meditation and yoga. This will helps you to get calm, relaxed mind with strong and flexible body.
- Recognize your emotions. Human feelings emerge in different forms and shape. Understand nature of your feelings. Four most important emotions which give us most difficulties are anger, anxiety, fear and depression.
- Relate you emotions to particular circumstance, situations, environment or people etc, like when or where you feel angry, whom you fear or on what situation you feel fear. Recognize and anticipate these triggers which set you off and how it set you off. This enables you control emotion more efficiently. Avoid encountering to such triggers.
- Observe what was going through your mind at the time you lost control, justify your thoughts. Ask yourself is there any other ways to look at the situation which may be more rational than the way I was looked at? Once you change your perspective, your emotion will eventually change to more positive.
- When you are undergoing negative feelings or crossing limits, sideline them by other activities. Crack a joke, watch TV, listen to music or go for a short walk to come out of your emotions. Learn from your experience. Learn from each incident in life and prepare how you should tackle similar incidents in future. Similarly, you can decide which reaction will give positive outcome and which may affect in negative consequences.
- Several emotional problems are complex and that requires expert’s support. Consult psychologist or counselor if you think your feelings are unusual. It is very important to control your emotions, but don’t try to keep them suppressed at all times. Your suppressed feelings can later explode with much intensity. When you are no longer able to hold it back it may cause physical disorders and severe emotional disorders. You need to express them under reasonable control.
- Understand What is Your Emotional Response
Better understanding of your emotional response will help you to control them and build effective personality.