7 home made egg masks
Yes, the same commonly used food can be used to make you look and feel better.
In case you don't like or can't afford face mask or hair conditioner, you can make few things at home, with widely available things you already have in your fridge or in your bathroom:
- For strong and good hair, mix 2 egg yolks with 2 table spoons of castor oil. Beat with spoon or fork (or use one of my tricks) until it becomes like a mayo sauce. Cover your hair and stay with this for 20 minutes.
- Greasy hair can be made to look beter with an egg, common nettle and a Vitamin B1 pill. Boil a handful of common nettle herb in half liter of water until it evaporates in half (about one cup remaining). Cool a bit, but keep warm. Break a vitamin B1 (or B6) pill with a spoon and put it inside. Break an egg inside and mix well. Soak your hair with this mix and cover with a towel for 1 hour. Then wash and dry.
- Too dry hair can benefit from eggs too. Mix one egg with 2 tablespoons vinegar and 2 tablespoons olive oil (it also looks like a mayo sauce). Rub the scalp with this and leave for 15 minutes to dry itself. Wash and dry with towel only (no hair drier).
- Another mask with eggs can be done for Hair loss. Melt a chunk of butter (about 1 cup). Add 1 yolk and a tablespoon of royal jelly. Mix well. Rub your scalp with this mask and leave it for 3 hours. Wash with neutral champoo. Don't use hair drier.
- All type of skins can benefit from a face mask with an egg. The most easy one is with honey, yolk and flour. One egg yolk, half tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon flour is mixed well. Cover your face with the resulting mush for 15 minutes. But in case you have
- Dry skin, you can benefit from olive oil egg mask. One egg yolk, teaspoon of olive oil and tablespoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed) are mixed well and you cover your face with it for 20 minutes. Takes away dark dots and skin flakes. Lightens the skin color and moisturizes.
- If you need a quick skin uplift on your face, take away the yolk from one egg (either throw it away or put it aside for other mask). Mix the egg-white with olive oil and finely cut or crushed Nori (yes, the stuff for sushi in your fridge that you don't plan to use for eating). Cover your face and let it dry naturally. Wash with cool water only.
That and a lot more, can be done at home with eggs.
Don't eat the eggs if you are prone to high holesterol levels ;) use them for your face and hair instead.
(Cholesterol is one greasy substance in the body, that when left high for too long, can fatigue your heart and you will need to sport, stop smoking and drinking and other bad things you love too much.)
One of the culprits pointed to raise cholesterol levels is the egg yolk. In one egg yolk, there is as much cholesterol as in 100 grams of red meat.
So ;) ... when you open the fridge and you see eggs, you may choose to make ommelete ... on your face. Yolks feed the skin and egg whites lighten the color and tighten It. (some frackles can be removed overnight with honey and egg yolk 1:1)
Softening hair conditioner may be replaced with 2 eggs. Just beat them in a cup and rub your scalp with them. Then rinse in a water basin with warm water and a glass of vinegar.
Moisturizing hair mask can also be done with a grated lemon skin, yogurt and egg yolk. Mix well and cover your hair. RInse with water only. No champoo. Very good for people exposed to water for long (divers, surfers etc.)
To make coarse hair dense again, you can add 3 yolks to a tablespoon of olive oil and beat until mixed well. Then add a tablespoon of red rum. Cover the hair and rub into the scalp. Wash with warm water and dry with towel only.
Easy egg champoo can be made at home too.
- One egg,
- half glass of water,
- half glass of your favorite champoo,
- 1 tbsp almond oil
Mix well and keep in a fridge. It will be good for 2 weeks, then you need to throw it away.