8 Health Benefits of Pomegranate Juice
Why You Need To Take Pomegranate Juice
Over the years, numerous studies have shown that there are a lot of health benefits to be derived from simply consuming pomegranate juice.
Pomegranate juice is derived from the pomegranate fruit, which is an extremely delicious fruit that contains immense amount of health benefits. According to health experts, the pomegranate fruit ranks amongst the top fruits that provide good contents for the health of our cardiovascular system.
In this column, we are going to see some of the top health benefits of pomegranate juice.
Without further ado let us take a look at them as they unfold below:
What are the health benefits of pomegranate juice?
1. Drinking pomegranate juice provides a healthy cardiovascular system for drinkers of the juice. This is the one of the most obvious health benefits of pomegranate juice. So why does pomegranate juice help in keeping the cardiovascular system healthy? The reason this happens is because of the fact that the pomegranate juice that you drink contains high amounts of antioxidants which are extremely good for the heart and cardiovascular system. Pomegranate juice, if taken on a regular basis will significantly reduce a person’s risk of developing heart problems and stroke.
2. Pomegranate juice helps in the fight against breast cancer. According to a recent study into the health benefits of pomegranate juice, it was discovered that the juice greatly helped in the preventing breast cancer as the juice contains certain compounds which when ingested into the system destroy cancer cells that contribute to the development of breast cancer.
3. Another major health benefit of pomegranate juice is its ability to fight against lung cancer and prostate cancer. Like was said above, the pomegranate juice helps prevent the growth of cancerous cells. It therefore goes without saying that constantly consuming this juice will fight against other forms of cancer like lung and prostate cancer. Studies on mice showed that when they were regularly given pomegranate juice to drink, the juice helped greatly in slowing down the growth of prostate and lung cancers.
4. Studies have shown that pregnant women derive a great benefit from regularly taking pomegranate juice. The reason this group of women benefit from drinking pomegranate juice is because of the fact that the juice contains high levels of folic acid which is extremely important for the proper development of the baby while it is still in the womb of the mother. So if you are a pregnant woman reading this article then you should consider taking pomegranate juice for a healthy pregnancy.
5. Pomegranate juice also has another very important health benefit which is the fact that it builds or strengthens the immune system. Studies have shown that the pomegranate juice is rich in vitamin C which plays an instrumental role in boosting the immune system.
6. Drinking pomegranate juice has also been shown to help in the reduction of dangerous cholesterol in the body.
7. Pomegranate juice has also been shown to reduce or lower blood pressure levels in the system by significant levels.
8. Alzheimer ’s disease can also be prevented with the drinking of pomegranate juice on a regular basis. A study on mice showed that pomegranate juice was effective in the prevention and slowing down of Alzheimer’s disease. According to the study on mice, mice that were given pomegranate juice on regular basis showed better performance mentally than mice that were not given pomegranate juice. These mice in questions were all bred by scientists to get Alzheimer’s disease but with the use of pomegranate juice on a certain group, it showed that the juice helped in preventing the Alzheimer’s disease from developing.