8 Natural Ways to Reduce Weight
Before starting cure for any disease it is important to know the cause of the disease and then try to eliminate that cause and then use medicine to suppress the symptoms of that disease. Ayurveda is based on this principle. So I have also mentioned causes of obesity and its therapy. I have listed here some natural ways to reduce weight based on Indian traditional medicine system, which are easy to practice. Indian traditional medicine has always proved beneficial in all diseases.
CAUSES OF OBESITY:
According to Indian traditional medicine system the causes of obesity are: Overeating, excessive eating of heavy or cold things, and over sleeping and lack of exercise. Other causes include hormone imbalance, emotional sentimentality, and loss of love or low self-worth, insecurity and poor digestion.
To reduce weight people uses weight-reducing and appetite suppressing drugs, which can weaken the digestion. When overweight causes poor digestion, nutrients are not absorbed. Even after eating, the body does not receive the nutrients. So it sends a message to the brain to eat again. Even still the digestive fire is unable to extract nutrients from the food. Thus a vicious cycle of eating and overeating develops.
A mild, long-term fat reducing plan is more natural than crash diet. Winter is not a good time to begin dieting because the cold can lower one’s resistance and body heat. Weight loss occurs when the body is expending more energy in work and metabolism than it is absorbing from food or other nutrients. It will then use stored reserves from fat or muscle, gradually leading to weight loss.
1. Lemon: Lemon juice is digestive and it is also used as appetizer. Add honey in the juice of one ripe lemon and lick it every day. This is the best remedy to reduce weight.
2. Basil leaves: Eating basil leaves alone or with buttermilk reduces weight. It reduces fat in the body and keeps the body fit.
3. Honey: Add honey in slightly warm water and drink it in the morning before breakfast. It surely reduces weight. Even a fat man like elephant can become slim with this experiment.
4. Cucumber: Cucumber is also helpful in reducing weight. It is the best remedy for those who can’t endure empty stomach. Cucumber reduces fat because the body uses more calorie in digesting cucumber than it gets from it. So, body starts using fat as calories.
5. Hot digestive herbs like black pepper, ginger, turmeric and ‘trikatu’ burn up fat and raise the digestive fire.
6. Ginseng: Ginseng speeds up metabolism and makes you feel energetic. Do not take Ginseng during pregnancy.
7. Traditional medicine: There are also available traditional preparations for weight loss in India. Among them ‘MedoharGuggulu’ is the best medicine to lose weight. This preparation comes in the form of pills and is available in India. Take two tablets two times a day. No side effect. Do not take during pregnancy.
8. Trikatu powder: Trikatu means three pungent. It is the mix of three herbs (Black pepper, Indian long pepper and Ginger).Trikatu is most popular as a natural appetizer. It is used to reduce body weight because it acts as digestive tonic, checks food cravings and maximizes metabolic process.