- Mental Health»
80 Reasons to be Thankful
What Are You Thankful For?
There are so many reasons to be thankful. I had a hand with this lengthy list from many friends and family members.
Along the way my contributors and I also shared lots of laughter. We all know how important humor is. Laughter is something we should all have on our list of reasons to be thankful. Are you aware that laughter helps reduce stress and heal wounds? It does. I wouldn't kid you.
I am always seeking a way to bring on the giggles and I usually succeed. Which makes me very thankful for humor.
A thankful heart makes for a happy heart. Expressing gratitude to others, not only makes you happy, but it also fills the recipient's heart with happiness. Never allow a moment to pass without sharing that you are thankful for someone that makes your heart happy.
Maybe you can relate to one or more of our reasons to be thankful or you have reasons of your own. Either way feel free to add your reasons to be grateful in the comment section below, I would appreciate it.
There is Always a Reason to be Thankful
Reasons To Be Thankful
1. Social Networking and the many friends we have "met" even though we might never have a chance to "meet" them. We are thankful for them.
2. My iPhone that's attached at my hip! Not literally, but it is.
3. A job and enjoying the job is an added bonus! My students and their appreciation to learn.
4. Life and being able to celebrate another birthday!
5. The NFL Football Season!
6. My bed, sleep, naps and sweet dreams!
7. Pets...whether they are dogs, cats, horses, turtles, fish or bunnies!
8. Sunglasses that aren't missing or broken!
9. Being a stay at home dad or mom because you will never get those precious years back!
10. Freshly ground flax seed ... works better then most prescription drugs do for good health!
11. Cool wives, husbands, mates, children, grandbabies etc...
12. Toenail clippers that are sharp enough to get the job done!
13. Warm, fuzzy socks on a cold day!
14. Coffee, iced tea, cold beer, diet coke, a glass of wine or a shot of whiskey!
15. Candy apples, Apple Dumplings, Reese's peanut butter cups, Boston Baked Beans (candy), Cupcakes, Sugar Daddies (the candy) and the other ones!
17. Having your cast finally removed due to an ankle fracture!
18. Massages, candles and bubble baths!
19. Dental floss, toothbrushes, toothpaste, water pics and of course the dreaded dentist!
20. A therapist for those who need one and for those who think they don't need one!
21. Wisdom of the elderly and the memories, photographs and videos of the past.
22. Dishwasher, washer and dryer and Downy Wrinkle Release!
23. iPad, Kindle, QVC and Walmart to shop until we drop!
24. Avon cosmetics and the easy way to purchase online! Fragrant fragrances!
25. MARY KAY cosmetics and the easy way to purchase online! Concealer!
26. Simplest acts of kindness!
27. Country Music Award Shows.
28. Our arms, legs, hands and feet.
29. Any song by Keith Urban!
30. Technology, the Internet and the World Wide Web! Spell check is a bonus!
31. Air Conditioner on a hot day and a Heater on a cold day!
32. EYE CANDY! I think we can all agree on this one!
33. Clean water and hot showers!
34. MUSIC...all types...music soothes the soul!
35. Good health.
36. Lots of love and laughter.
37. Manicures and pedicures.
38. Libraries and Redbox! Free, cheap and easy!
39. Two-ply toilet paper.
40. Autumn days. The cool breeze. The leaves as they change color. Thanksgiving Day.
More Reasons to Be Thankful
41. The warmth of the sunshine!
42. Guardian angels who watch over us.
43. A personal relationship with God!
44. Sincere support from someone who has your back!
45. Disney, Epcot, Universal Studios, SeaWorld and all other theme parks!
46. Any Johnny Depp or Sandra Bullock movie!
47. Landscaper, maids, butlers and chefs for those lucky enough to have these services!
48. CHOCOLATE! One word that has so much power.
49. When a child with Autism looks you in the eyes while speaking to you.
50. HAIR DYE for women, sorry but men should just not use these products!
51. Hearing the words "I love you" :)
52. Spring flowers = new life!
53. Ellen DeGeneres!
54. Funny FACEBOOK friends who brighten your day!
55. A relationship based on love and trust.
56. BOTOX, thankful to never have needed it.
57. Skechers shoes, sneakers, slippers etc...
58. Chinese or pizza take-out.
59. SPANDEX and The Miracle Bra.
60. Having a gift and being able to make the world a better place with it!
61. Losing weight and never finding it again!
62. TEXTING but NOT while driving! When our children who loved away still text us daily!
63. Xanax & Zoloft.
64. Eggs and potatoes and the abundant ways to prepare them.
65. Taking a road trip and not having any car issues.
66. Polite, well mannered and respectful children.
67. I am grateful because I was born free, and can act out of my faith.
68. Home cooked meals using the secret ingredient for an extra delish meal!
69. That I have strong feet so I can stomp them until I get what I want.
70. That God gave me 2 dogs to talk to, so I can finally have an intelligent conversation!
71. iCarly, Victorious, High School Musical, dolls and my friends.
72. Great sex!
73. For twin baby girls and a dog that like to sleep in late, as much as I do and a hubby that goes off to work early so I can have the bed to myself! Life is good!
74. Marvel Comics and Captain America!
75. A free daily subscription to a virtual newspaper such as the Sunshine Times.
76. Baby toes, you can eat them up and they are low in calories!
77. Keebler elves and their fudge shoppes!
78. A roof over my head, clothes on my back and food on the table!
79. For the bad relationships that make you appreciate the good ones so much more!
80.That when my ex pokes me I won't get pregnant!
Are you thankful?
Thankful by Kelly Clarkson
© 2011 Linda Bilyeu