9 Natural Home Remedies for Cataract
As we age, it is not just our skin but in fact each and every organ of our body that ages too. Thus, our eyes too start to show signs of weakness and decline and sometimes a number of elderly people complain about difficulty in vision. This may happen due to the occurrence of cataract in the eyes, which if not treated on time may even lead to complete loss of vision. In this article, I am going to write about some of the effective natural and home remedies which can be used to cure cataract at the beginning stage itself.
Cataract is one of the most common eye diseases. This happens due to the clouding of the crystalline lens of the eye or in its envelope. It might lead to partial blindness, blurred vision or complete loss of eye sight.
Causes of Cataract:
- Family history
- Previous eye surgery
- Hormone replacement surgery
- Injury to the eyes
- Excessive exposure to sun rays.
- Side effect of any drug you have taken.
- Excessive alcohol intake.
- Vitamin deficiency especially vitamin A.
Natural Home Remedies for Cataract
It becomes essential to look at some of the effective ways to cure cataract naturally.
1. Spinach: Eating spinach or taking spinach extract helps in reducing the effect of cataract because it contains carotenoid which is needed for retina of the eye.
2. Almonds: Almonds are known to be one of the best when it comes to eye diseases. You just need to soak a few almonds at night and in the morning peel them off and eat. Chew them and drink a glass of warm milk. It helps in increasing the eye vision.
3. Carrot: Carrot are said to be rich in vitamin A. Take a glass of carrot juice daily to increase your vision and treat cataract.
4. Garlic: Garlic is known to be effective in clearing the crystalline lens which might have become blurred. Take 2-3 cloves of garlic daily.
5. Pumpkin Juice: Pumpkin juice or extract of pumpkin flowers are said to be useful in treatmentof cataract. You just need to apply it twice on your eyelids daily for fifteen minutes.
6. Aniseed: If you are suffering from aniseed then take around 6 grams of aniseed regularly both in the morning and evening.
7. Rose water and lemon: You simply need to take 1 tbsp of rosewater and 1 tbsp of lemon juice and mix them well. Now put a few drops of this mixture in to the eyes. It might cause very heavy burning sensation in the eyes.
8. Aniseed and Coriander: Take equal quantities of aniseed and coriander powder and mix to it little brown sugar. Take 12 grams of this mixture daily to treat cataract naturally.
9. Honey: You can put a few drops of honey into your eyes. This is said to be an Egyptian Remedy for treating cataract. This is so because honey is said to be one of the best natural antioxidant which helps in removing infection and fights diseases.
Did You Know
Don’t Miss These Important Points
- Include grapes and oranges in your diet if you suffer from cataract.
- Include salads of raw vegetables in your diet. It is preferred to take salad which has olive oil, lemon juice as it nourishes your eyes.
- Eat soaked raisins and figs daily.
- Blueberries, cherries and blackberries should be eaten more.
- Increase the intake of fenugreek, drumstick and turnips in your diet to help get rid of cataract.
- You need to avoid eating potatoes, breads, refined cereals.
- Intake of tea and coffee also need to be minimized.
- The diet should include more of vitamin B2 and vitamin B6.
- Give proper rest to your eyes.
- Go for exercise daily.
- Avoid saturated fats.
- Make sure you are going for regular eye checkups.
Note: The above information is meant for informational purposes and it is always advised to consult your physician before you take any of these treatments.