A Cure For Fibromyalgia?
Finding Inner Peace
The World Of Fibromyalgia
Imagine yourself standing in the middle of the room, as your anxiety builds up, you are afraid to move. The thought of you moving one inch of your body makes you cringe all over. You know that as soon as you lift that foot to walk you are going to be in pain. The first movement that pulls your muscles, the mere brush of your clothing across your skin sends pain throughout your whole body. Second after second, minute after minute, hour after hour, and day after day you deal with this kind of pain. It exhausts you to the point where you just want to sit down. But the moment you do, the pressure of the seat on your bottom, back and legs are so painful you just want to cry. Depression sets in and you think, how much more can I take? Will there be no end? You miss family functions, important meetings, and work, not to mention all the sleep and rest you have already missed. Welcome to the world of Fibromyalgia. That’s right for all you non-believers out there that say Fibromyalgia is just in your head. I’m here to tell you it’s real, and real people suffer from it day to day. Not all suffer severely as I described but some do. Fibromyalgia is a common syndrome in which a person has long-term, body-wide pain and tenderness in the joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. It has been linked to fatigue, sleep problems, headaches, depression, and anxiety. Not surprising that something like this could cause so many problems in one’s life. But what can you do about it? Most people go to their doctor and after a series of expensive testing you are given drugs to help you cope with it. If those drugs don’t work they will try something else until they find something that does work.
Being a former Massage Therapist I tend to look for cures in a more natural way. Now I realize that not all works for all diseases but you will find that because we are human and a creation of God. God has a way for our body to heal itself without the use of drugs. Now I’m not going to preach at you but in the KJV Holy Bible, God actually tells us how to take care of ourselves and starts with what we should eat. You can find that in Exodus if you want to look it up. For other physical ways to treat ourselves He will put people in your life to show you how to do that. So in tribute to my family and friends I’m going to be that person for you today and introduce to you some, not so crazy ways you can treat your fibromyalgia, depression, anxiety and other physical problems you may be having.
The Nine Gamut Spots To Tap
The First on our list is called Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) this technique is so easy and so simple. You can even do it yourself.
EFT is a tapping technique that is a form of acupuncture that once you tap certain pinpoint areas it will relieve those problems you are having. It’s like this, when we get hurt or we suffer from an illness that causes pain. This causes the mind to change by registering the pain. The body then automatically changes according to the signals the brain is sending it. When trauma happens it is registered within the body as cellular memory and because the mind is habitual the pain, phobia or block perpetuates itself. In other words the mind and body work together to repeat the pain process, which in return gives no relief to the individual suffering. However, you can release the pain, and blockages that have been held within cellular memory for many years. But you must first teach your brain how to do that. That is where EFT comes into play. With a series of tapping along with breathing, humming and eye movements, this technique has been proven to relive pain in 90% of cases. These cases include but are not limited to
- EFT Helps With Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- EFT for Nail Biting
- EFT for Asthma
- Eliminate Sports Anxiety
- Eliminate Exam Nerves
- Fear of Public Speaking
- Ease Fibromyalgia Pain
- EFT for Insomnia
- Overcome Needle Phobia with EFT
- Relieve Stress and Anxiety
- EFT for Anger Management
- Increase Self-Esteem
- EFT for Panic Attacks
- EFT for Pain Relief
- Increase Confidence
- Remove Blocks to Success
- EFT to Pass Your Driving Test
- EFT for Gambling Addiction
- EFT for Drug Addiction
The Nine Gamut Sequence Technique
The Nine Gamut Sequence (9g) while continuously tapping the Gamut Spot (allowing about 5 taps for each step), do the following:
- Close the eyes
- Open the eyes
- Move the eyes down and to one side
- Move the eyes down and to the other side
- Roll the eyes in a circle in one direction
- Roll the eyes in a circle in the opposite direction
- Hum a tune (about five notes) out loud, with mouth closed
- Count out loud from one to five
- Hum a tune again aloud, with mouth closed
- NOTE: Steps 1 to 6 of the Nine Gaumut Sequence can be performed in any order
The Nine Gamut Spots
Tapping Therapy Stress Busting Program to Beat Your Worries
Original Kinesio Taping Method
This is the next type of treatment I want to cover. Kinesiology tape is a thin, stretchy, elastic cotton strip with an acrylic adhesive. It is almost identical to the human skin in both thickness and elasticity. This allows the kinesio tape to be worn without constricting or restriction of your movement, and without binding. Therapeutic kinesiology tape can benefit a wide variety of musculoskeletal and sports injuries, plus inflammatory conditions, and has been used to treat individuals with athletic injuries and various physical disorders.
According to Dr. Roger Berton and Lana Berton (physiotherapist). from Kinesio Taping in Canada, Kinesiology Taping is a technique based on the body’s own natural healing process. This Kinesio Taping exhibits its efficiency through the activation of neurological and circulatory systems. This method basically stems from the science of Kinesiology, hence the name “Kinesio”. Muscles are not only attributed to the movements of the body but also control the circulation of venous and lymph flows, body temperature, etc. Therefore, the failure of the muscles to function properly induces various kinds of symptoms
. Fibromyalgia pain is felt in the entire body, and is felt in the muscles, tendons, and ligaments around the joints. The Arthritis Foundation describes the muscle and tissue pain as tender, aching, throbbing, sore, burning, and gnawing, and you can add deep, sharp, dull, throbbing, or aching. These are the same symptoms Athletes have when they pull, strain or tare a muscle, tendon or ligaments around joints
How Do You Know Taping Will Treat Fibromyalgia?
Lets look at what they do treat.
- Joint Pain Arthritis, bursitis, lupus, degenerative joints, poorly aligned joints, joint instability
- Muscle Pain Torn muscles, pulled/strained muscles, tight muscles, fibromyalgia, muscle spasms, muscle cramps, calf strain, pulled hamstring, groin strain, strained gluteals, abdominal strain
- Soft Tissue Injuries Tendinitis, tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis), golfers elbow (medial epicondylitis), patellar tendinitis, Achilles tendinitis, whiplash, back strain, neck strain, rotator cuff injuries, iliotibial band syndrome (ITB)
- Joint Injuries Joint sprains, dislocated joints, sprained ankle, sprained knee, sprained wrist, sprained elbow, degenerated meniscus, torn cartilage, unstable joints, joint hyper mobility
- Overuse Injuries Carpal tunnel syndrome, repetitive stress syndrome, shin splints, Iliotibial Band Syndrome, tension headaches
- Swelling and Edema Lymphodema, swollen joints, edema, lymphatic congestion, chronic joint or muscle inflammation
- Postural Problems Poor posture, round shoulders, scapular instability, muscle weakness, muscle imbalance, poor muscle tone, hypotonia
- Recovery from Surgery Athletic injury surgery, reconstructive surgery, joint replacement surgery, meniscus repair, ligament surgery, tendon surgery, lymph node removal
- Bruising Bruising following injuries or surgery, contusions
- Foot Pain Plantar fasciitis, fallen arches
After reading through this list did you happen to notice that most of these are pain related to or the same as fibromyalgia? So how come fibromyalgia is not on the list? Because fibromyalgia is not recognized, in fact most people go their whole life in pain before they are diagnosed correctly having fibromyalgia.
Give Us Your Thought
Would you try Kinesiology Taping for your fibromyalgia?
How Would Kinesiology Tape Work For Fibromyalgia?
Those who suffer from fibromyalgia know that there are “tender points” on the body. These tender points occur in specific places on the neck, shoulders, back, hips, arms, and legs. These points can be quite painful when pressure is placed upon them. In Theory By placing the Kinesiology tape on or around these points may relieve the pain you are having. Because Kineso taping is in the research phase for Fibromyalgia. It is suggested that by applying the tape to the area most painful you follow the technique you would use if you had an injury in that area. Because Fibromyalgia covers the whole body you would apply the tape to the tender points because these points react to the body as a whole. For those of you with Fibromyalgia decide to try this technique we ask that you post your results to this page or to http://www.kinesiotaping.com/ also to the American Arthritis Foundation at https://www.arthritis.org/