A Natural Antibiotic Tonic you can make for yourself
Powerful Chemical Antibiotics and their Dangers
When you see the word Antibiotic on the news or in an article you may be reading, your “uncomfortable” antenna goes up and you become immediately wary.
Why is this so? Well, we have all read, over and over, the many articles about the way antibiotics are overprescribed by our physicians; especially over the past few decades.
We also hear about the resultant dangers to some patients when these over-prescribed drugs no longer work. This is often because there are so many people today whose systems have become immune to some of the most popular antibiotics.
And, of course, we’ve all read about the many new strains of bacteria that are themselves quickly developing immunities to certain of these once reliable antibiotics.
Well, all of this new information is disturbing and naturally makes many of us nervous about the whole subject of antibiotics, and honestly these new revelations make us wonder about whether we should ever take any medicine that has the word antibiotic associated with it.
Amber Bottle for Essential Oils and Tonics
Natural Alternatives to Chemicals
So, you ask yourself; What else can we use?
Well, while it's true that, in the past we, the public, have been abused by many of our Doctor’s casual attitudes about who really needs to take an antibiotic, and who doesn’t; the logical path for prescribing certain such drugs for many types and levels of treatments are getting a more discerning view these days.
Well, this antibiotic situation has concerned me for a while now and I’ve been searching the web regularly for other, more natural ways to get the bacterial and infection care I might need in the future.
Care that I find is effective and still, safer for me, considring my special health problems.
And, of course, I’m not looking for, or using, some panacea that replaces the fantastic antibiotic drugs that are available from a trained doctor.
Rather, I have been looking for something I can do as an initial way to fight such health problems before they get to the level that I might need a Doctor.
Antibiotic Definition on Medicine.net
A drug used to treat bacterial infections. Antibiotics have no effect on viral infections.
Finding a safe and effective Natural alternative
Well, it didn’t take me long before I found that there are a number of ways for a person to get certain “antibiotic-like” results from the judicious use of some homemade tonics that have provided many people with excellent results.
In fact, many of these tonics I found, or actually their ingredients, have provided healthy solutions to some illness’ for some people around the world, for centuries.
There was one of these Tonics I had found, that stood out to me because of the ingredients used.
I have used all of these ingredients in Essential Oil form many times myself. I'm familiar with them and their popularity for certain treatments and the tonic itself is one I will be making for myself.
The herbs used in this Tonic can help prevent infections, improve the function of a person’s immune system and because of these things they are perfect for assisting the body in fighting everyday virus and respiratory infections.
So when I recently found this recipe for a relatively simple “Antibiotic Tonic” on a web site called naturalon.com I decided to put this one into my personal arsenal of what I call “Natural Medicines” and make it for use, when the need arises in the future.
After some thought, I decided to share this interesting recipe with you. Of course, you can give it a try at home, or not, that’s up to you.
I’m just providing this information in case you too are concerned about the casual application of chemical antibiotics and might want something more natural to use before you end up at a Doctor’s office.
Be Smart, and be Cautious.
Once again, after reading the list of ingredients, I can say that it is made of natural ingredients that shouldn’t provide any problems for most people.
The only reservation I have is to say that if you have serious health problems or allergies to any of the ingredients used here, please avoid using them or this recipe, under any circumstances.
Antibiotic definition from the Mariam-Webster dictionary
a substance produced by or a semisynthetic substance derived from a microorganism and able in dilute solution to inhibit or kill another microorganism
Organic Turmeric Powder
I am a careful user of any Medication I take
Let me note something else right here.
I am not some “back to Nature” radical who goes out into the woods gathering wild plants and then returns home to cook up some strange concoctions to use in treating anything and everything that may show symptoms in my body.
No, I’m not that way, but I do have a lot of medial problems, such as; a Kidney Transplant, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol and the occasional attack of Gout, to just name the major ones.
I have a lot of prescriptions that I must take regularly (according to my personal physicians) and they are all chemical concoctions manufactured by the giant drug companies of the world.
They all do their jobs, some well and some poorly, but I have found that it’s the side effects of most of these man-made drugs that give me, and many other people, so much trouble.
For instance, my anti-rejection drugs, even though they do keep me alive, they also increase my body’s cholesterol and blood pressure, as well as my Blood Sugar.
So, of course, I take Blood Pressure medications which cause me to have higher blood sugar and my Cholesterol medications also add to my blood sugar problems but also affect my transplanted Kidney in a way that I get attacks of the Gout. And, the list goes on and on.
I accepted these side affects for years and then a few years ago, I decided to take control (to a degree) of my health problems and my medications.
So, with the world-wide-web as my library, I continuously researched and studied about my health problems (and the drugs I take) and have, over the years noticed that many of my medications have more natural (and thus safer and easier on the body) equivalents.
First, I started working with my Doctors, of course.
I began to argue (more like technical discussions) with my Doctors and found that even they were open to the use of some substitutions, if certain circumstances were met, for instance;
- we only tried certain supplements or natural replacements for certain drugs we both agreed to manage and monitor,
- we tried some of these changes together, with him monitoring my health, blood work and any side affects,
- I would agree to start a more aggressive exercise routine and try to lose some of my excess weight,
- and of course, I had to go back to his drugs if my proposed replacements didn’t improve my health, or at least leave everything no worse than with his regular drugs.
Natural Medicine definition from the Free Dictionary
(1) A general term for any form of healthcare (diet, exercise, herbs, hydrotherapy, etc.) that depends on the body’s natural healing powers.
(3) Any substance (e.g., foxglove, menthol, peyote, etc.) which is used in an unadulterated state to manage a condition or evoke a desired change in a person’s physical or mental status.
non-Prescription Things I take and do
After these experiments, I have been able to get several things done, as far as my medications are concerned;
- I no longer take Statins,
- I take a lower dosage of several of my medications than I had been taking for years,
- I now weigh over thirty pounds less than when I started this process,
- I now only take one prescription to control my Blood Sugar where I was taking three.
- I am healthier overall and I now have more energy than I have for years.
I must add that, as a result of my experiments, I do take certain non-prescription “things” for my health every day that aid my body and its health;
- I take Flax Seed Oil capsules,
- I take one Multi-Vitamin a day,
- I take one Vitamin D capsule a day,
- I take one Baby Aspirin a day,
- I drink at least 70 or more ounces of water (or Green Tea) a day,
- I add a slice of fresh lemon to anything I drink.
- And, of course, regardless of how i feel (I'm a lazy person at heart), I walk at least three miles at least 4-5 days a week.
So, enough about me and my problems.
Finally, the Antibiotic Tonic Recipe
Looking back at what I have written up to this point, I see that I have put down a lot of boring things about myself.
But, I did so to get your attention and convince you that I do not take or use off-the-wall medications or treatments that I do not seriously feel are advantageous to my own health and safety.
1/4 cup Garlic (organic), chopped fine
1/4 cup Ginger, grated
1/4 cup Onion, white, chopped fine
2 tbs. Horseradish grated
24 oz. Vinegar (apple cider)
2 tbs. Turmeric (Curcumin) powder
2 large Jalapeno Peppers sliced in half
- Mix all of the ingredients, (except the Vinegar) together well in a bowl.
- Place the mixed ingredients into a jar (Mason type). Use an amber or other colored jar to block sun rays.
- Pour the Vinegar over the ingredients, leaving only 1-inch of space at the top of the jar.
- Place cap on jar and shake the jar until the ingredients are mixed well.
- Place the jar in a cool dry space out of direct sunlight.
- Shake the jar each day and allow to steep for two weeks.
- After the 2 weeks, filter the mixture through a cheesecloth into another sealable jar (amber or colored).
- This jar of liquid should be stored in a cool dry place and should be good for at least 6 to 12 months, if kept sealed.
NOTE: When making this recipe, it is recommended that you use gloves to avoid getting the spicy ingredients on your hands and avoid touching your face near your eyes when making this tonic. And, of course, wash your hands well after you finish making the tonic and you have cleaned up your cooking station.
Most Common Uses for this Tonic
Cold or Flu
Drink 1 tsp. at least 3-times a day
Gargle with 1-tbs. twice a day.
Strengthen your Immune System
Take 1 tsp. per day for a week and gradually increase dosage to 1-oz. or more per day.
If the spicy taste is too strong, rinse your mouth with water to ease the “heat
Who should take this Tonic
This Tonic is not recommended for babies up to 5 years old.
Also, do not give this to any children under 10 if they do not eat hot spicy foods.
This tonic should be safe for pregnant women, but they should also check with their physicians to make sure.
So, what can you, the average person out there, waiting to go to your physician so he can give a prescription for some new group of chemist’s latest chemical concoction (antibiotic) for your problem?
ALWAYS see your Doctor first
Without a doubt, you should always see your Doctor before taking anything that might affect your health and well-being, but if you are interested, you might want to try making and using this simple recipe for the occasional and weaker symptoms mentioned.
I think you will find that it has as good a chance (or better) of working for you than many of those over-the-counter medicines sitting on the Drug Store shelves.
Health Benefit Information Links for Ingredients used
- 6 Proven Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar (No. 3 is Best)
Apple cider vinegar is incredibly popular in the natural health community. Here are 6 proven ways that it can benefit your health.
- Garlic: Health Benefits, Therapeutic Benefits - Medical News Today
Garlic has been used as a food and medicine for more than five thousand years. This article looks at some scientific studies on the health and therapeutic benefits of garlic.
- Ginger: Health Benefits, Facts, Research - Medical News Today
Learn all about the health benefits associated with consuming ginger such as relieving gastrointestinal irritation, reducing exercise-induced muscle pain and inflammation.
- 7 Health Benefits of Horseradish | News, Facts & Other Information You Love - UncoverDiscover.co
- Jalapeno peppers nutrition facts and health benefits
- 10 Proven Health Benefits of Turmeric and Curcumin
Turmeric is an old Indian spice with a powerful medicinal compound called Curcumin. Here are the top 10 health benefits of turmeric/curcumin.
- Onions: Health Benefits, Health Risks & Nutrition Facts
Onions have layers and layers of health benefits. Some of the nutrients in onions may help promote heart health, reduce inflammation, and reduce the risk of cancer.
Notes on the Ingredients used
Each of these natural ingredients themselves are widely recognized for helping with certain health problems.
With this in mind, rather than duplicate what you can easily find on the web, I'm listing access to them here; where you can click on the name and go to a web site which explains in detail each one’s capabilities:
These links alone can give you an idea how a tonic made from these ingredients can possibly be something anyone can take that will help a person's body fight a number of common symptoms.
Natural Antibiotics you can use
Stocking a Natural Medicine Cabinet
Natural Cough Remedy
© 2016 Don Bobbitt