A Natural Home Remedy For Acne
Treating Acne Naturally
Acne or Acne Vulgaris is usually brought on by an increase of testosterone during puberty and will eventually disappear over time. The time period can be lengthy and acne may continue into adulthood. However, since acne has a psychological effect on people who suffer from this disease, including depression, it is recommended that you work with your doctor if your acne is severe for treatment. Natural home remedies can be used in conjunction with your doctor's advice or alone for moderate and mild breakouts.
What are the natural remedies that will assist in healing acne and pimples? We will discuss several over the course of this article.
Try These Tips to Reduce Pimples
There are many at home remedies for reducing acne flare ups and easing the symptoms of acne. Focusing on your diet plays a huge role in helping reduce acne. Here are some simple diet tips to help with your acne and pimples. According to Rachel Reilly, a reporter for Mail Online Health, clinical research of over 50 years supports the link between diet and acne.
- Reduce processed foods including fast foods and prepackaged foods. Opt for raw fruits and veggies for snacks. Fresh fruit and veggies help to eliminate toxins that are piling up in your skin.
- Pack a lunch or a bag filled with great snacks so you are not tempted to buy unhealthy foods while you are away from home.
- Drink plenty of water. You hear this over and over again because it works. Drink a half ounce of water for each pound that you weigh per day. For example, a young man who weighs 150 pounds should drink 75 ounces of water daily or 9.4 eight ounce glasses of water daily.
- Carry a water bottle with you whenever you leave home to insure adequate amounts of water are consumed.
- Take a vitamin A supplement daily. Vitamin A reduces wrinkles and helps skin replenish scarred tissue.
- You can consume more vitamin A naturally by eating foods loaded with vitamin A. These include; carrots, butternut squash, dark leafy greens, sweet potatoes, dried apricots, cantaloupe, lettuce, dried herbs and spices including paprika, cayenne, and chili powder.
- Eat more fermented foods like sauerkraut, kefir, yogurt,and goat cheese. You may also try taking a probiotic supplement daily. The beneficial bacteria found in probiotics help to reduce inflammation during breakouts.
- Eliminate sugar from your diet. Sugar from candy, soft drinks, cookies and cakes will spike insulin levels causing a hormone imbalance that triggers acne and pimples. This spike can be caused by consuming foods heavy in carbohydrates as well. These include white bread, potatoes, cakes and pastries. Eliminating foods high in carbohydrates will help ease acne symptoms.
- Drink less milk. A 2007 Harvard study showed that milk also triggers hormonal responses which cause acne. The processing of milk is thought to be the cause.
Have yo ever used natural remedies to ease your acne symptoms?
Natural Topical Remedies
You can spend a lot of money on remedies. Neither over the counter nor prescription creams, lotions and pills are guaranteed to work and they may cause more damaged to your skin since they are loaded with harsh irritants. In combination with diet controls, opt for some topical home remedies which are safe and inexpensive. Here are a few that you may try:
- Use lemon. Cut a slice of lemon and rub it onto affected areas. The citric acid will tingle a bit so make sure to rinse the juice off of your skin afterwards. The citric acid fights acne causing bacteria. Lemon juice also contains a bleaching agent so, it is recommended that you apply sunscreen to your face after treating your skin with lemon juice in order to prevent sun damage.
- Try tea tree oil. Studies have shown that tea tree oil is as effective as benzoyl peroxide when it comes to fighting pimples. Tea tree oil, like lemon, is anti bacterial and also anti-fungal.
- Crush up an aspirin. Crush an aspirin and add a dab of water to make a paste and apply to pimples and lesions. Apply with a cotton swap or clean finger tips. Aspirin contains salicylic acid which is the same bacteria reducing medicine found in many acne controlling cleaning products.
- Use apple cider vinegar as a toner. Apple cider vinegar is a great toner since it helps restore the PH balance to your skin. See the video below.
- Grab an ice cube. Wrap the ice in a small towel and apply to pimples. The cold from the ice helps to reduce swelling and inflammation while tightening pores.
- Do not pick your zits! Picking a pimple can lead to scarring and also spreads bacteria which may cause more breakouts. Never pick, always clean and take steps to reduce inflammation.
Acne Reduction Review
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat more fruits and vegetables
- Do not consume sugar or highly processed foods
- Do not pick your zits
- Cleanse your face several times daily
- Apply natural remedies like lemon, apple cider vinegar or tea tree oil
- Get plenty of exercise
- Get enough sleep
Using the Tips You Have Learned
By following the above tips, you will be on your way to healthy and blemish free skin in no time. It is wise to remember that healthy skin care may take more time for results to be seen as opposed to conventional medications. However, by using these natural tips, you will be eliminating toxins from your body and skin. The elimination of toxins will help to create healthier and glowing skin down the road.
Cleanse your face in the morning, once at midday, and again before going to bed. Each time you clean your face, try to drink a full glass of water. This will help you reach your goal of drinking lots of fluid daily. Try using a mild natural cleanser and always pat your skin dry. Never rub your skin with a towel, this will cause more irritation. Apply the topical solutions recommended above after you cleanse. Follow with a mild PH balanced moisturizer. I like virgin organic coconut oil as a moisturizer. Coconut oil also has anti bacterial and anti-viral properties which may help when you are trying to clear your skin of blemishes.
If you do not have a structured cleansing routine, you can start one easily by using a natural skin care line and by following the recommended advice on those products given by the manufacturer. A favorite of mine is Suki Skin Care. Suki Skin Care offers an online quiz that helps you determine which products are best for your skin and the skin care issue that you are facing. Suki Skin Care is 100% synthetic free and uses clinically proven actives from natural resources.
Besides adding a skin care cleansing routine to your day try to reduce stress in your life. Stress can also trigger hormones that add to breakouts. Get enough exercise, take a walk, ride your bike or go for a swim. Get plenty of sleep. Sleeping properly also helps to reduce stress.
Remember to consult your doctor if your acne is severe. Following this healthy advice will assist in reducing acne in conjunction with your doctors orders.
Apple Cider Vinegar Toner for Acne
More Natural Skin Care Tips
- How to Remove Unwanted Chin and Facial Hair With Natural Remedies
Do not put chemicals on your face to remove facial hair or chin hair! Chemicals can burn and cause severe irritation! Use natural ingredients to remove stubborn hair growth. These natural remedies are easy and have antioxidants and vitamins.
- Simply Skin Naturals
Take care of your skin using natural ingredients like herbs, roots, fruits, vitamins, oils and flowers. Natural ingredients are difficult to find in mainstream skin care since they are often tainted with harsh chemicals and abrasives.
- Chocolate and Yoga
Many foods have antioxidant properties or compounds that naturally improve well being. Proper diet along with exercise keeps a body strong and healthy. Let's examine natural health, healing and organic remedies to keep you hearty and healthy.