DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ADENOID & TONSILS
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TONSILS AND ADENOID?
1) Tonsils are paired.
2) Tonsils are situated in oropharynx.
3) The covering epithelium of Tonsils is stratified squamous.
4) In Tonsils the crypts are present on the medial surface.
5) In Tonsils the capsule is present on the lateral surface.
6) Tonsils are present right up to old age.
1) Adenoid is single.
2) Adenoid is situated on the roof and post, wall of nasopharynx.
3) The covering epithelium of Adenoid is Ciliated Columnar.
4) In Adenoid the longitudinal furrows are present on the ventral surface.
5) In Adenoid there is No Capsule at all.
6) Adenoid Disappear at or before the age of 12 Years.