Acupuncture - As a medicine
It is said that acupuncture was born in China, is an eminently practical ancient science dating back about 5000 years, some treaties even mention their discovery dates from the years 2696 to 2598 BC. Acupuncture is a treatment method in medical science that consists of two parts:
Acupuncture is a healing technique used in traditional Chinese medicine. Are used very thin needles to stimulate specific points on the body. These points lie on energy pathways called "meridians." They are designed acupuncture treatments to improve the flow and balance of energy along these meridians.
Acupuncture is a fundamental technique in the Chinese medical system. By inserting needles at precise points, helps to rebalance the energy system-vital. These points are located in a series of channels or "meridians", ten basic (corresponding to the five viscera organs and five blocks), through which vital energy is distributed or "chi" throughout the body. ..
Each of these acupuncture points are some specific applications based on three principles: rebalancing, stimulate or sedate, the vital flow. The most important acupuncture points, those that regulate energy fund, are placed elbows to fingers, forearms, knees and feet in the leg.
Uses of acupuncture
Respiratory: Bronchial asthma, bronchitis.
Digestive: gastritis, ulcer, constipation.
Gynecological: menstrual irregularity, menstrual pain (dysmenorrhoea).
Muscle arthritis, muscle spasm, torsion tobilllo, bursitis, tendonitis, sciatica, torticollis, TMJ syndrome, Costochondritis, Pain in shoulder, elbow, wrist, hips, knees and ankles.
Nose: Rhinitis, Sinusitis.
Neurological Headache, migraine, trigeminal neuralgia, facial paralysis.
Mental: Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia.
Ears: Tinnitus, Meniere's syndrome.
Other conditions: weight control, alcoholism, drug addiction and snuff cigarette), facial rejuvenation.
- I found these online, but there are many more.
A few important tips
It should remain the following recommendations:
• Do not take an unusually large meal immediately before or after treatment
• Do not overdo any exercise, engage in sexual activity or consume alcohol within six hours before or after treatment.
• Plan your activities so you can have some rest or at least not having to work the best, this is especially important for first visits.
• Continue to take any medicine prescribed and in the manner prescribed by your doctor ge regular. Substance abuse (alcohol or drugs), especially in the week prior to treatment, seriously interfere with the effectiveness of acupuncture treatment.
• Remember to take mental or written notes which has been their response to treatment, your therapist is important for the outcome of this and the evolution of your problem, so we can help in better shape
My personal case:
Well I practice a lot of sport, and ultimately felt in the knees a lot of trouble so I decided to go to a physio who diagnosed me with patellar chondromalacia, recommended me to do physical exercises to strengthen calf and others, but spent some time and I was not going discomfort.
So I decided to apply acupuncture, at first I was very reluctant because I did not know hardly anything about it, and I got carried away. And after 2 sessions, playing about 8 needles in the knees, 1 arm and two in the ear in each session, I see enough improvement that together with the ordered and I exercised a little every time I go swimming for the better.