Aloe Vera Detox Diet Benefits
Aloe vera has long been renowned for the effects it has externally like the skin, but it can also heal from the inside. The human body has a continual build up of toxic levels and although the body is able to rid itself of some, it occasionally needs outside assistance which is where an aloe vera detox diet comes into play.
Internal cleansing is the key to optimal health. Outside toxins and digestive toxins play havoc with your health and as many problems originate in the digestive tract it makes sense to spring clean it every so often.
Why detox with an Aloe Vera detox diet?
Tests have shown that toxic levels in the blood plasma are a problem and starting with an aloe vera detox diet is beneficial. The intestines which are the largest organ in the digestive system and they require regular cleaning and maintenance. The problems associated with the digestive system are yeast overgrowth, viruses and parasites and these can be detoxified and removed from the system.
Drinking aloe juice is a perfect way to clean and maintain this organ which is responsible for the absorption of nutrients from the food consumed daily.
Start your aloe vera detox diet with a small amount of aloe vera juice or gel which is sometimes made from the juice of an aloe plant only and in some cases the whole leaf is used including the flesh. The recommended dosage for starting an aloe vera detox diet is 25ml once a day.
Expect to frequently empty your bowels as the aloe vera detox diet starts kicking in and removing the toxins. Repeat a detox program periodically to keep your system clean and healthy.
Benefits of an Aloe Vera detox diet
(Relevant information supplied by Dr. Gary Null – The Woman’s Encyclopedia of Natural Healing, and Antoinette Saville and Antony J. Haynes- The Food Intolerance Bible and Shape Magazine.)
- An aloe vera juice detox is a natural and healthy way to detox, it provides many beneficial vitamins, minerals and trace elements that the body requires.
- Our digestive system is used primarily for the absorption of nutrients and the intestines can become clogged with toxins mainly from the preservatives in our food. An aloe vera detox diet increases bowel regularity and aids the absorption of proteins.
- Aloe vera also assists with decreasing yeast development and also parasites in the intestines.
- Aloe vera is packed with anti-oxidants which fight free radicals in the body, and boosts the immune system and metabolism as a result.
- Helps with joint pain as it acts as an anti-inflammatory.
- An aloe vera juice detox contains building blocks that assist the replenishment of new skin which occurs over each 28 day period and ultimately slows the ageing process and also helps heal minor cuts and skin irritations from within.
- Helps to combat fatigue and exhaustion caused by a struggling digestive system overloaded with toxins
- Aloe vera contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E and also contains Folic Acid and Niacin.
- Aloe vera contains Magnesium, Zinc, Copper, Chromium, Iron, Calcium and many additional minerals.
- There are 8 amino acids that cannot be made by the body and 7 are found in aloe vera. Of the 20 amino acids required by the body aloe vera can supply 19 of them in total
- Aloe vera has anti-microbial benefits which promote cell repair and anti-bacterial properties for stemming the growth of bacteria in the system.
- The beta-sitosterol contained in an aloe vera detox diet also helps with the reduction of cholesterol levels
- The benefits of an aloe vera detox are that it cleans the blood of impurities and encourages the growth of new red blood cells.
- Helps with irritable bowel syndrome and constipation including heart burn, acid reflux and every day indigestion brought on by acidic foods consumed.
- It keeps the blood glucose levels in check, if you are a type 1 diabetic please consult your doctor before embarking on an aloe vera detox program.
There are many ways to detox aloe vera and drinking the juice daily in minimal does of 25ml per day is generally regarded as beneficial for maintenance of the digestive system, the other alternative is an aloe vera 9 day detox program.
This diet requires a person to drink aloe juice combined with a shake containing protein, Garcinia supplements and bee pollen to detox the body and not eat at all, and then for 7 days a person may eat one 600 calorie meal plus the shake.
It is claimed that a person will lose 12 lbs or 5 kg in 9 days. There is however no evidence to back up the information of a 9 day aloe vera detox program but it is purported to be effective.
Final words on Detoxing with Aloe Vera
An aloe vera detox is beneficial in whatever way you ingest the aloe juice and irrespective of some negative comments it has for many decades been used for a plethora of health issues. It is backed by doctors and laymen alike. Try a detox aloe vera diet and note the benefits you will experience for yourself.