Anticancer Foods:What is anticancer diet and how good nutrition can benefit you against cancer?
Anticancer diet to fight back cancer
Anticancer diet is an innovative way to deal with curing cancer using nutrition and prevent relapse of cancer in future. The diet is exactly opposite of Western diet that consist of big piece of meat with french fries, soda and small amount of vegetable. The anticancer diet is made up of multiple vegetables and legumes cooked in olive oil, with various herbs and spices.
Conventional treatment of cancer involves chemotherapy, medicine and basically killing the bad cancer cells. However, when the bad cancer cells are killed, the good cells are also killed too. The chances of relapse of cancer are still there. However, the advice of good nutrition and anti cancer foods is missing.
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine thy food" by Hippocrates is rightly said.
Healing and preventing cancer by using nutrition is the best way of dealing with cancer. The chances of relapse of cancer reduce dramatically when we focus on eating anticancer foods. Here, I provide some powerful anticancer foods that can help to fight back cancer and defeat the enemy by strategically adding simple foods in your diet:
1. Turmeric - This yellow spice is hailed for its natural anticancer and antiinflammatory properties. It helps to retard tumor growth and inhibit cancer cells to multiply. Adding one teaspoon of turmeric in your daily meals can be a simple and effective way to prevent and combat cancer. This spice is easily available in spice shops, Asian shops and even online shopping websites. It is slightly bitter in taste and when added to meals, it adds a distinct flavor to your meal too. It is commonly used in Asian countries. Healing benefits of turmeric are renowed, especially in the field of fighting with cancer.
2. Cruciferous vegetables. Broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower fall into the list of cruciferous vegetables. These vegetables are best if they are organic and free of pesticides. These vegetables are rich in anticancer molecules like sulforaphance. They help to kill cancer cells and retard tumor growth. When cruciferous vegetables are added in your diet, they can form an effective plan in your anticancer food regime.
3. Garlic, onion and ginger. These magic herbs have powerful anticancer, antibacterial and antiinfection properties. Asian cultures tend to use ample of these powerful herbs. Adding garlic, ginger and onion can add a nice aroma and flavor to your food too, thus decreasing the dependency of adding the extra salt to spice up the food. Adding small amount of chopped garlic, ginger and garlic while stir frying vegetables can be a good and easy way to add anticancer foods to your diet.
4. Tomatoes. Red color tomatoes are rich in chemical called lycopene which helps to effectively fight against cancer and prevent remission. Adding chopped tomatoes while cooking your vegetables is good for your health and longevity. It is best to use fresh organic tomatoes instead of using canned tomatoes or tomato sauce.
5. Green Tea. This tea is rich in chemicals called catechins which retard and prevent the cancer cell multiplication. Green tea is a powerful detoxifier too. Green tea is famous for its health benefits which go far beyond the black tea or coffee. Japanese and Chinese tend to be fond of drinking green tea and it helps to prevent and combat cancer in their bodies. Green tea need to be seeped for 5 minutes to obtain its health benefits. It is best to use loose tea leaves instead of green tea bags.
Simply adding cruciferous vegetables, various herbs like ginger, garlic, drinking green tea frequently can make a big difference to your health and longevity. It can help in your battle against cancer or prevent cancer when it runs in your family genes. Anticancer foods are a good way to kick start your journey towards good health and ultimately, happiness and joy in your life.
Watch Anticancer diet video to understand more: