Appreciate What You Have -Do Not Regret What You Don't Have.
Better to lose count while naming your blessings than to lose your blessings to counting your troubles.
~~~Maltbie D. Babcock
I had a conversation with "God" in my dreams.
Last night, I had a dream of God, and a long conversation with him.
The God appeared before me and said, 'I am here, as you were calling me in your prayers. What do you want from me.’
I said, 'Oh Yes, I pray everyday, to let you know about the many difficulties and trials, I have to face everyday. But, it‘s good to know that you really heard me.'
"Of course, I hear you and everyone else, who calls me with full devotion and submission." the God said.
- "But then, why don't you solve everyone's problems?
- Why are people facing miseries?
- Why are people poor and unhappy?
- Why is there so much of worry, and tension in everyone's life, including mine?
- Why is there so much pain and suffering?
- Why do most people feel, that their prayers are unanswered?"
I bombarded him with my questions. These questions seemed very common and universal to me, as I have seen the people complaining about, these very things to him,---'The God.'
The God said, "Life is beautiful and this World, which I have created, is full of beauty. Beautiful Nature, beautiful creatures, abundance of blessings, many opportunities and possibilities. But, it has adventures too. You can enjoy life, if only you and many people like you, can appreciate it‘s beauty and stop complaining, about every small pain and trouble.”
"Why don't you count your blessings!,' said the God.
And Yes, I did count.
Lovely and supportive family, well settled life, worldly comforts, enough money, good health, good friends and the list goes on-----!
Then why do we keep on complaining?
God was so right and after that significant conversation, which I had with him, what 'He' really meant, can be summed up as follows:
- We should stop, the habit of always making an analysis of life. Why not let the things happen, as they should. Shouldn’t we?
- Our habit of always thinking, and counter thinking, and counter-counter thinking makes 'the life' so complicated. Isn’t it?
- We always keep on worrying about, our tomorrows and regret about our past. Don’t we?
- Constantly worrying about the problems of life, doesn't solve any problems. Does it?
- When people suffer, they will always think, "Why is this happening to me?."
- But, when they are successful, do they ask ," Why is this happening to me?"
- Success in your endeavors is important, but more important than that, is choosing the 'right path,' and moving in the 'right direction.'
- Sufferings happen to everyone. The timings may not be the same. Sufferings are like the speed breakers, and do you stop on the roads, when you see the speed breakers?
- No, we don’t. We just change our direction. Isn’t it?
- In the search of our happiness, we often miss to notice, what do we already have.
- Most of us fail to notice and enjoy the beauty of nature, the small pleasures of life, the togetherness of the loved ones. Because, we are constantly living in a state of anxiety, of achieving something or the other.
"Why don't you start every New day, with hope and belief?, said The God.
- Having faith and belief in yourself, can do wonders.
- We do encounter problems, and sometimes, it is an uphill task to solve them.
- But, that is the definition of Life.
- Even Gold and Diamond has to pass through fire, and need rigorous polishing, to make them shine.
- The srtuggles and experiences of life can never go wasted. Each of the failures, make us stronger and teach us some valuable lessons.
- They are like the teachers, teaching the art of living.
- The tougher these struggles and experiences, the more stronger individuals, they can make.
- If we are able to see, how far and how many hurdles, we have crossed, and not how far, we still have to go, the path to success, becomes easier to achieve.
Quote: Count your blessings-!
Count your blessings instead of your crosses;
Count your gains instead of your losses.
Count your joys instead of your woes;
Count your friends instead of your foes.
Count your smiles instead of your tears;
Count your courage instead of your fears.
Count your full years instead of your lean;
Count your kind deeds instead of your mean.
Count your health instead of your wealth;
Count on God instead of yourself.
Do you think that your prayers go unanswered?
To Sum up:
- Never think, that your prayers are not being heard. Do not always be doubtful about your future.
- Life is beautiful, if you know how to appreciate it.
- Do not be worried and anxious, about your life and your future.
- Have self belief and Inner strength, by looking inside yourself.
- Do not get carried away, by the outside world.
- Past will never return. Stop being regretful, or sorry about it.
- Life is beautiful but adventurous. Appreciate it, and take it in your stride.
- Share your happiness with others, express your gratitude, and your happiness will multiply.
- Make others smile, and it will satisfy you, like nothing else can.
- Always thank God, for the gift of Life and make the most of it.
Appreciate what you have. Do not regret, what you don’t have.
Count your blessings, Enjoy the song, source: You tube
One day at a time, source: You tube
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan