Appreciate What You Have -Do Not Regret What You Don't Have!
Better to lose count while naming your blessings than to lose your blessings to counting your troubles.
~~~Maltbie D. Babcock
I had a conversation with "God" in my dream!!
© Chitrangada Sharan July 2014
All Rights Reserved.
Last night I had a dream of God and a long conversation with him!
~~The God said, 'I am here as you were calling me in your prayers.'
~~I said, 'Oh Yes, I pray everyday to let you know about the many difficulties and trials, I face everyday. But it is good to know that you really heard me.'
~~"Of course I hear you and everyone else, who calls me with full devotion and submission." the God said.
- "But then why don't you solve everyone's problems?
- Why people are facing miseries?
- Why people are poor and unhappy?
- Why there is so much of worry and tension in everyone's life, including mine?
- Why there is so much pain and suffering?
- Why most of the people feel that their prayers are unanswered?"
~~ I bombarded him with my questions.
~~ These questions seemed very common and universal to me, as I have seen people complaining about these very things to him,---'The God.'
~~The God said, "Life is beautiful and this World, that I have created is full of beauty. But it has adventures too. You can enjoy life, if only you and many like you can appreciate its beauty and stop complaining."
"Why don't you count your blessings!,' said the God.
And YES I did count!
Lovely and supportive family, well settled life, worldly comforts, enough money, good health, good friends and the list goes on-----!
Then why do we keep on complaining?
God was right and after the conversation I had with him, what 'He' really meant can be summed up as follows:
- We should stop always making an analysis of life. Why not let the things happen as they should, shouldn't we!
- Our habit of always thinking and counter thinking and counter, counter thinking makes 'the life' so complicated, isn't it!
- We always worry about our tomorrows and regret about our past, don't we!
- Constantly worrying about life's problems doesn't solve any problems, or does it!
- When people suffer, they will always think, "Why this is happening to me?."
- But when they are successful, do they ask ," Why this is happening to me?"
- Success in your endeavors is important but more important is choosing the 'right path' and moving in the 'right direction.'
- Sufferings happen to everyone. The timings may not be the same. Sufferings are like speed breakers and do you stop on the roads, when you see speed breakers?
- You just change your direction, isn't it!
- In our search for happiness, we miss to see what we already have.
- Most of us fail to notice and enjoy the beauty of nature, the small pleasures of life, the togetherness of loved ones, because we are constantly living in anxiety of achieving something.
"Why don't you start every New day, with hope and belief?, said The God.
- Having faith and belief in yourself can do wonders.
- We do encounter problems and sometimes it is an uphill task to solve them.
- But that is the definition of Life.
- Even Gold and Diamond pass through fire and need rigorous polishing to make them shine.
- Struggles and experiences of life can never go wasted.
- They are like teachers.
- The tougher these struggles and experiences, the more stronger individuals they make.
- If we are able to see how far and how many hurdles we have crossed, and not how far we still have to go, the path to success becomes easier to achieve.
Quote: Count your blessings-!
Count your blessings instead of your crosses;
Count your gains instead of your losses.
Count your joys instead of your woes;
Count your friends instead of your foes.
Count your smiles instead of your tears;
Count your courage instead of your fears.
Count your full years instead of your lean;
Count your kind deeds instead of your mean.
Count your health instead of your wealth;
Count on God instead of yourself.
Do you think that your prayers go unanswered?
- Never think that your prayers are not being heard. Do not always be doubtful about your future.
- Life is beautiful, if you know how to appreciate it.
- Do not be worried and anxious about your life and your future.
- Have self belief and Inner strength, by looking inside yourself.
- Do not get carried away by the outside world.
- Past will never return. Stop being regretful or sorry about it.
- Life is beautiful but adventurous. Appreciate it and take it in your stride.
- Share your happiness and they will multiply.
- Make others smile and it will satisfy you like nothing else can.
- Always thank God, for the gift of 'Life; and make the most of it.
Appreciate What You Have; Do Not Regret What You Don't Have!
© Chitrangada Sharan 31st July, 2014,
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Other related hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- Flash Fiction : No end to Desires: Satisfaction is t...
A small girl taught an important lesson of life to me. Even if you have one house, one car, many dresses you want more! Why? Because there is no end to desires. Satisfaction is the key to happiness!
- So You Thought That Money Can Buy Everything --Think...
When we reach a certain age like mine, we realize that the whole life has been spent upon earning money and spending even more money than we have earned. Can money buy love, happiness, health, peace
- What To Do When Someone You Trusted And Very Close H...
When someone we care about hurts us, by means of words or actions, it can shatter our mental peace and happiness. Consider yourself fortunate, if you have not faced such hurt by people you trust most
- Some Honest Confessions!Are We 'Praying' Correctly?
I sit down to pray, but cannot concentrate! I feel guilty; ask for forgiveness to God, with a promise that I will concentrate from now on wards. ! He is smiling; he always does! But then, how to 'Pray'
Count your blessings, Enjoy the song, source: You tube
One day at a time, source: You tube
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan