My favorite ways to eat an apple?
They are good for you. They can be good to you.
Last week someone told me that “You will know when you are really hungry because you will eat an apple.” We all know that apples taste good but not tasty enough to eat on a regular basis. I have to find creative ways to maximize my consumption of apples.
Why force yourself to each apples?
- low in calorie;
- rich in vitamin C that helps body develop resistance to infections and pesky free radicals;
- rich in antioxidants that help fight the pesky free radicals;
- rich in B complex vitamins that help metabolism; and
- good for blood pressure and the heart rate because they counter sodium.
When I convinced myself I need to eat more apples, I found appetizing ways to include them in my daily consumption. Among my favorite ways to eat apples are:
- Apples make great finger food.
- I get creative and pile on sliced apples, walnuts, craisins, and avocado.
- Sliced apples and cinnamon add the finishing touch to a bowl of porridge.
With peanut butter; and
- This is sooo close to eating a carmel apple!
- This is like eating pie without the crust!
The number of ways apple can be incorporated into daily meals is endless. Now I'm hungry. I'm going to eat an apple!