Are solar flares dangerous for the health?
There is actually NO short answer to this question.
The solar flare that erupted in the beginning of this week is one of the strongest in the last 10 years.
In basic - there is strong cyclic solar activity every 10-12 years and this flare is quite strong. It managed to disrupt the communications between USA and Europe for about an hour.
High blood pressure and ischemic heart failure sufferers very often feel the higher magnetic field from the solar flare. But this cannot kill a person. (like the hysteric shouts of some yellow media try to tell us)
- feeling heavy and depressed
- lower immune function
- high blood pressure feeling as a pounding in the head
- harder breathing and heart palpitations
- light head or migraine
- loss of appetite
- light sensitivity
Don't panic. Measure your blood pressure and if it is slightly alleviated - take it down naturally.
My personal advice is to make a cup of tea from apple peelings and 2-3 pinches of cinnamon. Boil them for 10 minutes and cover until they cool a bit.
Have a wet towel on your forehead and chill.
Or simply - Go outside and have a long walk until you feel okay.
While the flare is still making high magnetic fluctuations, you may want to cut down the heavy meals a bit and to increase raw fruits and vegetables to help your immune system and have more energy for daily activities.
Also try to improve your sleep. Lay down before midnight and sleep at least 7 hours.
If you can't fall asleep, try a herbal tea of any of those:
- Common mint (Spearmint).
- Valeriana root (ground or sliced).
- Hawthorn or its apples (thorn apple)
All those herbs promote good and calm sleep. Most of them can be taken raw.
If you have bad onset of
- try to kill the pain. Chamomile tea is excellent but the effect comes after a while. So even If I always suggest herbs - don't be ashamed to take a pill. Paracetamol, Metamizole and Ibuprofen based pills are fastest to take care for migraine.