Arthritis Natural Remedies For Pain Relief
Pain medications can be an effective way to manage the pain of arthritis. However, they will do nothing in terms of long term relief from this debilitating condition. Plus, the side effects they leave behind can be harmful and cause other painful symptoms. Extended use of over-the-counter medications such as acetaminophen can cause damage to your liver creating other health issues over time. Prescription drugs can cause severe stomach discomfort and pain.
Nature is our greatest resource. Mother nature herself can offer remedies for arthritis that can not only relieve symptoms, but offer long term relief if used regularly. Here are some alternative arthritis remedies that can help to reduce your need for toxic pain relievers and harmful prescription drugs.
• Acupuncture - many ailments have been treated using this Chinese practice for centuries. Employing the use of long fine needles, acupuncture points are located and stimulated in various areas of your body. The needles can be effective at relieving pain by enhancing blood circulation while it eases the extreme discomfort caused by joint stress. Some people have success after just one acupuncture session while others need several sessions before they see results. Still others, have no success at all. Your mindset can determine success or failure with acupuncture. It is important to relax during your session and let the calming music and soothing fragrances enhance the experience.
• Another helpful way to help arthritis naturally is by monitoring what you eat. Diet is your first line of defense against any health condition.
• Stay away from caffeine and alcoholic beverages. Toxic to your system, these substances can aggravate the symptoms of arthritis by increasing inflammation in your body.
• Keeping fit is one of the most effective ways of reducing the painful symptoms of arthritis. Excess weight adds stress to your body which will cause flare ups. Regular weight-bearing exercise will strengthen your joints and decrease the frequency of arthritis flare ups.
• Turmeric and ginger spices are anti-inflammatory. Their properties can reduce the joint swelling that is associated with flare ups of arthritis.
• Herbal formulas are available in health food stores. However, read labels and be certain that what you are considering pure and natural ingredients.
These are simple ways that can effectively reduce or even eliminate the troublesome symptoms of arthritis. If you are unsure of where to begin, a qualified health care professional can guide you with proper diet and exercise strategies.