- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Homeopathic Treatments For Fibromyalgia
This Article Will Describe:
- What pharmaceutical drugs can do to your body compared to what Homeopatic Treatments can do.
- How "The Fibro Diet" can help you feel better.
- Different supplements, vitamins and nutrients that help with the pain, fatigue, fibrofog and overall symptoms of Fibromyalgia.
- The 5 Stages Of Candida Overgrowth and how it can be a big part of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. (Check link at the bottom).
I have suffered for years with the chronic pain and fatigue that accompanies Fibromyalgia. It took me a long time, with researching and trying out different thing's to figure out what really worked for me. Where Im from, your Primary care DR refer's you to pain management within a couple months of complaining of pain. My DR gave my pain killer's for six month's before he decided to send me to it. My boyfriend was referred to them right away, which I think is only because they are cracking down on giving people Opioids.
Anyways, every month pain management gave me something new, which added on to the list of harsh medications they had me on. By the time I decided I didnt want to live like his anymore, I was taking 54 pills orally every single day. Not to mention that they were causing my kidney's to shut down because they were just building up in my system.
Natural supplements/At Home Treatment's are the best thing you can do for yourself when you have Fibromyalgia. You arent exactly just covering it up like you are when you take chemical medications. You are actually making a real difference.
Below, are many different thing's that you can try. Not all treatment's will work for every person. But it is good to try them out and see how each one directly affects YOU and YOUR Fibro.
To Help With Overall Symptoms
- Gentle Exercise- Stretch,and go for a walk. Take your kid's or your dog with you. Take your mind of the real reason why you wanted to go for a walk in the first place, the pain. It also help's get your blood pumping and your oxygen going. This helps with relieving pain, improves mental clarity and boost your energy levels.
- Noni Supplement- Helps with everything associated with FMS. Relieves pain because it is a natural anti inflammatory. And boosts your energy levels like you wont believe. It is also available in Juice form, it's a bit bitter though. You can find the gel capsules at your local Walmart.
- Nerve Tonic- Name a brand that helps reduce how your bottle feels when you are stressed.It help's to relieve anxiety, and work's well when used with or in place of an prescription anti anxiety medication.
- The Guaifenesin Proctool- Guaifenesin is the main ingredient in Mucinex and every over the counter item that is meant to get the pesky mucous out of your precious lungs. Research has proven that for every month that you take atleast 600mg of Guaifenesin, it actually reverses your Fibromyalgia a whole six months. I tried it, it works, otherwise I wouldn't be writing about it.
- L-Dopa- Or may be marked as Mucuna Pruiens. It helps increase your Dopamine levels. Which helps you feel more happy, motivated and energetic.
Helps Relieve Pain
- Guaifenesin-600mg extended release 2x a day.Has been said that it can reverse FMS pain if you take it for 2 years.It works wonders, but for female's you might notice the same smell of the pills, in your urine.it only last's a week or so, it doesnt happen to everyone.It takes up to 2 weeks for you to fully notice the affects for the pills.
- 5HTP- Boosts Serotonin levels which is overall win for your body all around. It helps improve symptoms associated with Depression, Migraines, Pain, Fatigue and stomach issues. * Taking too much Serotonin can cause a condition called Serotonin Syndrome. It is usually fatal. So be careful of taking 5HTP if you are also taking any anti depressants or Tramadol/Ultram*
- Potassium- Helps with cramping pains in the muscles. Research show's that a good portion of Fibromyalgia sufferers also have Potassium Deficiency. It also helps with eyes to be able to handle brighter lights. Do not take more than the RDA. Taking too much can cause heart problems.
- Garlic- helps with inflammation,and helps prevent stomach,cold and the flu virus
- Heat Therapy and Massage
- Glucosomine- Helps with pain in the joints,its like adding oil to a car that was completely bone dry. You will be feeling a whole lot better.
- Magnesium 1200mg- Next to Potassium, Magnesium is the most common nutrient that every person with Fibromyalgia is lacking.Its a complete shame too, because it helps relieve the pain that is associated with your tender point's as well as the muscle pain that you feel everytime you wake up in the morning.
- Rose Hip- It has great anti inflammatory affects.They a natural source of Vitamin C.
- Ginkgo Biloba- Increases the amount of oxygen throughout your body. You brain needs oxygen in order to work properly. And when you suffer from Fibromyalgia, you have a serious lack of oxygen in your blood which leads to pain, fatigue and brain fog.
- DMAE- Helps improve your overall mental clarity. It's not easy to find in a local store, you usually have to travel to a health food store or vitamin shop to purchase it.
- Choline- Works like DMAE, but it is faster working, and doesn't last as long. It can be found usually in your local store by the Fatty Acids or Fish Oils. Choline is one of the supplements that are suggested for people who have Alzheimer's and Dementia.
- Vinpocetine- Works just like Ginkgo Biloba. Increases the oxygen in your body and helps your overall cognitive function.
- Niacin- Improves blood flow, and in turn increases oxygen. And if you have been paying attention, that means it helps your brain and body feel better overall.
Fight Off Fatigue
- Ginseng-Gives you an energy boost that helps last for hour's. The type that doesnt make you feel too jittery. Just a nice clean calm energy boost. Ginseng is also supposed to help with stomach issues. So if you suffer from constipation, then this really might be just what you need.
- Ginkgo Biloba- Helps improve oxygen and bloodflow throughout your body. This helps with energy as well as your overall mental function. It helps with mental clarity, so it kills two bird's with one stone by getting rid of your fatigue and fibrofog even for just a little bit.
- Synphrene-it has amazing fatigue fighting powers.It is also used for fibrofog and has huge weight loss benefits. Also called oxedrine,bitter orange and Citrus aurantium (Seville orange, sour orange, bigarade orange, and marmalade orange). It is in the same family as Ephedra but without the bad side effects.
- Guarana-is found in supplements and energy drinks
- Yerba Mate- Helps with physical and mental fatigue. It can be found in supplement form, as well as in tea. I have also seen it in drinks at local stores. It has become very popular. Back when I was taking it as a supplement, no one knew about it at all!
- Caffeine- Everyone know's this one! Sometimes caffeine can actually make you end up feeling worse in the end. So only take what you can handle. You can either drink some coffee, or take Caffeine pills to get the affects.
The Fibromyalgia Diet
As everybody knows, hormones play a huge role with Fibromyalgia.Whether they go way up or way down, it can cause severe pain,fatigue and fibrofog.
Meat has lots of added hormones,which is why the FMS diet is pretty much a vegetarian diet.
- Red Meats are the worst for you when it comes to FMS.
- I suggest you take as much of a break from all red meats for 1 week.
- Eat more green vegetables.
- Avoid food with MSG,Eggs,Gluten and Dairy.
- Make sure you get enough protein everyday.
- Try eat a good amount of fruit's and veggies everyday.
- Pay attention to what you eat. If you notice it makes you worse. Than don't eat anymore. if you notice it make's you feel better. Then add more to your diet. Example: Ice cream always make's me feel tired and weak. But when I eat Oranges, I feel healthy all around.
Find out what Candida Overgrowth has to do with Fibromyalgia
- The 5 Stages of Candida Overgrowth
Candida overgrowth is a very serious condition that too often goes unnoticed because it remain's hidden in the intestines. It is also said to be one of the main causes for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.