- Diet & Weight Loss
Atkins Friendly - Jalapeno Poppers
Low carb appertizer
OMG! I love these! I love everything about them. First of all Jalapeno peppers are one of my favorites. I use them whenever and on whatever, i possibly can, no matter what i am eating Jalapeno peppers is one of my choice condiments.
I have had poppers before, especially those battered and deep fried. Which is a no no on any carb conscious lifestyle menu. When i got them they were usually as a treat and then i would end up removing most of the batter, so it was not as bad for me to eat. At least that is what i would tell myself. But i love them!
I have wanted to try the recipe that i am going to give you later because i first heard of them from a show on food network. But i could never seem to find the fresh Jalapenos, but this Labor day weekend i had them and believe you me as a foodie these will be a part of my lifestyle. I raved about them while i enjoyed every bite!
My creative mind has already come up with other versions! But here is the simple basic recipe that does not have to use more than three ingredients if you want, all your additions are up to you.
Remember if you are struggling to lose weight or maintain weight having the right recipes on hand for something you enjoy is always a plus. For it to be carb friendly and Atkins approved is a bonus, no matter how you look at it. These delicious morsels are perfect and easy.
Go ahead and enjoy!
jalapenos, about 10
cream cheese, 8 ounces
Cheddar cheese, shredded, 8 ounce bag (not necessary, my preference)
bacon , 1 pack cut in halves
sausage, pork or turkey, browned
minced onion or powder
rubber or plastic gloves
large mixing bowl
What to do:
- In large bowl let cream cheese soften
- Mix 1/2 cheddar cheese in with softened cream cheese (if you are adding other ingredients, do it now)
- Set aside
Preparation of peppers:
- Put on gloves PLEASE! i didn't, needless to say i paid with pain for this oversight, even though i knew better
- Wash and dry jalapenos, set aside
- Cut peppers lengthwise, so that you have two halves
- Using a spoon scoop out seeds, scrape out membrane (white stuff) as well, you can run them under water to make sure the seeds are washed away
- Set aside allow to dry or pat dry
Putting it together:
- With a spoon scoop up cream cheese mix, put it in the Jalapeno halve
- Wrap the stuffed halve with the bacon half
- Secure ends with a toothpick, pushed through all the layers as well as pepper
- Place each wrapped half on a baking sheet, lined with foil or not
Set the oven at 350 degrees, bake until the bacon is cooked and crisp. Serve hot or allow to warm. These are good both ways. Be careful!
As long as the seeds and membranes are completely removed these are kid friendly but you should always warn the eaters.
The great things about these is that they can be served and eaten at anytime. If you enjoy cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon and jalapenos, try these because this combination together is so, so tasty it is worth.
If you are making up a batch for an event these can be made ahead, placed in the fridge until you are ready to bake them.
- The Jalapeo Popper - The LowCarbist
Jalapeo poppers are the crown jewel of low carb entertaining. They're tasty, Atkins induction friendly, and no one thinks of them as diet food. Not only that,
- Atkins Jalapeno Poppers Recipes | ifood.tv
Enjoy special collection of trusted Atkins Jalapeno Poppers recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people looking for Atkins Jalapeno Poppers recipes.
- Jalapeno Poppers! - Low Carb Friends
Haven't had this in a while and wanted something spicy tonight so here they are! Instead of wrapping in bacon I used Bacon Salt which is a product
Jalapeno originate here taking there names from the city.