Anxiety Disorder has a lot of benefits, science says.
Instead of trying to constantly cheer yourself up, and you fail badly at it many times, maybe it is time to consider the benefits of a bad mood.
It is always a tricky situation, sometimes it may throw you over the cliff, and many more times you make the wrongest decisions possible as though they were the only choice. A good mood it is not to be not looked for anymore, of course you should choose to smile a zillions times a day, but sometimes you have to understand that even a bad mood may have its positive sides.
How to love someone with anxiety?
Prevent getting burned twice.
The same situation, or a similar one, the same or similar behavior of people that surround you, or the same circumstances will not burn you twice. Now you have vision, you can calculate those things better, and manage to save yourself from a huge headache or even disappointment.
It provides you with a x-ray vision in fact.
This is what a research came out with. Two groups of people were shown a movie each. The first group got to watch a short comedy, while the other one was to watch a short depressing movie. Then the two groups of people were reunited and the moderator threw them a topic to discuss. The conclusion? The first group which was happy, gave subjective arguments, based on feelings and very personal experience ideas, and were very superficial. While the second group was more analytic, more objective, and richer in concrete content and details.
They improve your memory.
People who are in bad moods tend to have improved recalling and they tend to reduce errors in being judgmental. They also are more aware and detect faster and better when they are being lied to. People in bad mood also can help other people to be more polite and sincere and altruist one to the other.
You will learn to fight depression.
When you learn that you can also be in a bad mood, and sometimes you can do nothing about it, you may also have won the war against depression. Why? Because people who tend to accept their bad moods, have better chances at detecting their moods and managing them the right way, in this case, to benefit them well.
While other people, who tend to always show the world the funny, strong side of them, use to push away as hard as they can the bad mood so they seem happy. The problem is that the bad mood never goes that far away to never come back. It comes back like a boomerang. But the thing is, the more you push it away with force, the faster will come back, the harder it will hit you, and you may fall into the depression dark path.
How to improve the bad mood coming from anxious feelings and thoughts?
- Take a 10 minute walk alone, to clear your thoughts, away from anything buzzing or people you may know.
- Talk to someone you know that will understand and one who will not ask much questions.
- Put on your favorite DVD or surf Netflix to find the one serial show, or comedy, or whatever movie that seems to have the ability to put you on the right mood.
- Take a blank paper, and a pen, and write down things that have gotten you mad. Do not re-read them, [or do if you Must, I can not stop you], so when you finish writing, burn the letter, [or spare the mess and just tear it apart with your bare hands.] You will realize the things that got you mad in fact are not that big, or do not matter that much. If any of them does matter, than take the steps to make it right, do not spend time on a bad mood.
- Write, paint, sing, do whatever you love, or are passionate about, or that you have not done in a while.
- And if you feel like eating chocolate, do not hesitate. It will improve your mood!
Happiness is a choice.
How can you turn to the safe side of the good mood?
In an era when you are bound toconnect with anyone on social media and we have to accept those friend requests, hit like on that Instagram photo, follow back the I-tweet-what-I-had-for-dinner, and so on.
There comes a point when we realize this does not benefit us at all. These social sites were not created to connect with your classmates, or your friends, just because you know them. These sites were created so you can build the connections you need to grow up, to promote your business, to find people with the same interests and to share inspiring things for yourself and others too.
This is not what is happening, and you are struggling to not get out of the game; you are valued based on your likes and comments calculator!
What you may not realize is that you are allowed to terminate the toxic relationships. You are allowed to unfriend the annoying person, you are allowed to unfollow the one who only posts photos of his marvelous face. You are allowed to choose your own safe game to play, and you own happiness. Do not rely on what others like or not like at you, if they clicked the heart shapped button or not.
Happiness is a choice. Happiness does not derive from a like.
© 2016 Enchi