Banish Stubborn Cellulite For Good
What Exactly Is Cellulite And Why Do I Have It?
Cellulite, also referred to in the medical field as, adiposis edematosa, dermopanniculosis deformans, status protrusus cutis, and gynoid lipodystrophy, though you might be a little more familiar with the terms cottage cheese skin, hail damage, and the mattress phenomenon.
Cellulite is defined as being a condition of the skin causing areas with underlying fat deposits, giving it a dimpled, lumpy appearance. It is most noticeable on the buttocks and thighs. It is said to affect 90% of the population at some point in their lives.
Cellulite is often classified using three grades:
So What Exactly Causes Cellulite?
Although the exact causes of cellulite are not well understood, there are several theories that have been offered up:
- Lifestyle - Cellulite may be more prevalent people who exercise infrequently, and people who smoke, as well as those who sit, or stand for long periods of time in one position.
- Hormones - Hormones are a likely culprit when it comes to cellulite production. Many believe estrogen, thyroid hormones, insulin, and prolactin are part of the cellulite production process.
- Genetics - certain genes are required for cellulite development. Genes may predispose an individual to particular characteristics associated with cellulite, such as gender, race, slow metabolism, distribution of fat just underneath the skin, and circulatory insufficiency.
- Diet - people who eat too much fat, carbohydrates, or salt and too little fiber are likely to have greater amounts of cellulite.
- Clothing - underwear with tight elastic across the buttocks (limiting blood flow) may contribute to the formation of cellulite.
Cellulite. How Can You Finally Say Goodbye To Those Dreaded Dimples?
Ladies, ladies.. wouldn't it be nice if we never had to worry about cellulite again? Imagine being able to wave your magic wand and poof all of your cellulite is gone. Unfortunately it's not quite so easy, but if you follow the recommendations in this article you can wave goodbye to your dimply nemesis for good. In just two weeks time you will see the smooth, soft, cellulite-free skin you’ve always dreamed of.
Step 1: Brush Those Bumps Away
That’s right, if you want to banish cellulite for good you are going to have to brush your skin regularly and by regularly, I mean at least once per day!
Brushing your skin with a soft, but firm bristle brush improves circulation and stimulates your lymph nodes, helping your skin to purify itself of toxins which have built up.
Our lymphatic system is responsible for collecting, transporting and eliminating the waste that our cells produce. If our lymphatic system gets clogged up with toxins it can cause inflammation and you guessed it, cellulite! Brushing your skin helps to clear all those toxins and invigorates your skin.
Step 2: All The Right Moves
Exercise is an important part of eliminating cellulite for good, but it’s especially important that you are doing the right exercises that will actually target cellulite.
The following moves target every individual area where you may be seeing signs of cellulite. These moves are specifically designed to target stubborn cellulite and wipe it out for good.
Inner Thighs: Lying Inner Thigh Lifts:
- Outer Thighs: Squat:
Backside: Frog Leg Kicks
- Single Leg Raises:
Step 3: Foods To Fight Cellulite
Eating the right kinds of foods, and eating them the right way, can really help you in your quest to eliminate stubborn cellulite.
Eating Healthy Fats:
In order to lose weight a person needs to eat healthy fats. Things like avocado, olive oil and nuts, are actually very beneficial for shedding those extra pounds, which will in turn help you to lessen the appearance of cellulite!
Check-out this article from Shape.com
Chili & Cayenne Peppers
The vitamin B6 these two peppers pack helps to restore and strengthen connective tissue, making them an excellent defense against unsightly cellulite!
Green & Herbal Teas
Epigallocatechin gallate, or EGCG, is the active ingredient found in green, dandelion and ginger teas. It not only helps to speed up metabolism, but it also increases fat burn.
10 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Cellulite
Can You Prevent Cellulite From Forming?
Eating a healthy diet is one way to help prevent cellulite. Foods like fruits, vegetables, and fiber, are all important foods to incorporate in your diet in order to prevent cellulite from forming. Along with healthy eating, regular exercise is also vital in preventing cellulite.
If you are able to maintain a healthy weight, reduce your stress levels, and eat a balanced, nutritious diet you will be winning the battle against cellulite and preventing it from forming.
Myths & Facts About Cellulite
Cellulite only affects overweight people
Exercise helps to eliminate cellulite
There's a miracle product that will get rid of cellulite
Smoking makes cellulite worse
Men don't get cellulite
Cellulite only affects older people
Treatment Options For Cellulite
- VelaShape: "Improve tone, reshape contours and reclaim those curves lost with weight gain and age with VelaShape™, featuring revolutionary el?s™ technology that can achieve the results you want comfortably, safely and effectively. No surgery or drugs are required and you’ll be able to return to work or daily activities immediately following treatment. The procedure is safe and effective for all skin types and skin colors, no matter how sensitive." -www.skinvitality.ca/
- Mesotherapy: "Mesotherapy involves injections of certain medical drugs into the dermis to reduce fat and cellulite. These injections help improve venous and lymphatic flow and also break down nodules of fat. The abnormal nodules of fat are what give cellulite the typical “orange peel” or “cottage cheese” appearance." -cosmedics.ca
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injections: "Use your own plasma to improve the texture of your skin." -Cosmosclinic.com
- VaserSmooth: "The VaserSmooth treatment involves the use of a new and specialised probe to melt away the superficial fat that causes cellulite." -Cosmosclinic.com