Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) for Healing and Weight Loss
Ask Your Doctor About Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment
Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment (HBOT) is an important adjunct treatment has been used to reduce and alleviate a variety of conditions besides "the bends" suffered during deep sea diving. At least 13 different conditions respond well to this treatment.
In the decades of the 2000s and 2010s, additional conditions have been found to respond well to this mode of treatment. Weight loss and maintenance may be one of those conditions responding well to HBOT among some individuals, whether they have weight reduction surgery or not.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment, or HBOT, can speed the recovery time from many types of surgery for a large number of patients. It can lessen the time for recovery from Bariatric Surgery just as it can for other surgeries.
HBOT can help speed and facilitate medical treatments for several varieties of diseases and conditions. This is true for Adults, children, and animals.
Could HBOT help?
Faster Medical Results
HBOT can speed the healing of body tissues and enable medications to be processed more efficiently in the human body. This means that a far smaller amount medication might be required than previously expected with other treatments alone.
We have increasing amounts of evidence sine the year 2000 that HBOT can treat obesity without surgery or weight loss drugs.
If you are a good candidate for HBOT, your doctor, nurses, and HBOT technicians can educate you about the process it entails and answer questions about it.
Your treatment team may begin giving you sessions of HBOT before your surgery occurs, in order to add additional oxygen to your body, and thus increasing its healing potentials beforehand.
This builds the body's healing functions with oxygen provided to the deep tissues. Oxygen enables many functions of the body to operate more fully and efficiently.
Helpful Manuals and Books On HBOT
Could HBOT help?
Ask your doctor if HBOT would be beneficial as a treatment if used in conjunction with your Bariatric Surgery. HBOT has produced the following positive health outcomes for many patients in any of 13 approved medical areas of use listed in the next section. In addition, HBOT can help by:
- Stopping or eliminating harmful bacteria and microbial actions,
- Forming and building new blood vessels,
- Increasing oxygen to the body tissues,
- Constricting dilated blood vessels,
- Reversing a type of inury known as reperfusion [blood flow is cut off and restored, as in some surgery], and
- Reducing gas bubbles in the blood stream or tissues [bubbles may happen with certain medical procedures].
New applications for HBOT are being discovered and practitioners of HBOT are kept aware of them.
HBOT at the Nebraska Medical Center
Approved Uses for HBOT
These are the current 13 Medically-accepted uses for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT). These are officially approved by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS).
- Enhancement of Healing in Problem Wounds
- Exceptional-Blood-Loss Anemia (anemia from blood loss)
- Air or Gas Embolism
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning and Cyanide Poisoning
- Gas Gangrene
- Crush Injuries
- Decompression Sickness
- Intracranial (inside the skull) Abscess
- Necrotizing Soft Tissue Infections
- Osteomyelitis (bone-related infections)
- Ionizing Radiation
- Skin Grafts
- Thermal Burns
Benefits of HBOT
What are the benefits of HBOT?
Here are some of the benefits of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy that you may appreciate and that have been officially approved for use.
Improved quality of life.
HBOT promotes healing of problem wounds and can mean the difference between permanent disability and loss of limbs, and healing.
Delivering HBOT (high oxygen under pressure), hypoxic tissue (not enough oxygen) can be restored and healing can proceed.
By accelerating healing and the reduction of additional medical care, HBOT assists in cost reductions that insurance providers demand.
New blood vessels are created.
Increasing oxygen promotes tiny new blood vessels to grow .
Decreased swelling (edema).
This is especially useful in radiation and wound sites. Decreasing the swelling allows the blood to flow more freely, bringing more oxygen.
High oxygen levels increase the ability of white blood cells to kill bacteria and can itself kill bacteria itself.
Pets Can Also Benefit
These contacts will provide you with a large supply of information about Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, its accepted uses, and the many alternative uses that are coming under scrutiny and consideration for widespread use as treatments.
- HBOT used to treat Obesity (without surgery) and other chronic conditions -- http://www.canadafreepress.com/medical/medicine071205.htm
- HBOT Online -- http://www.hbot.com/ - Includes new research on autism and HBOT.
- HBOT Helps Stroke Patients -- http://www.drcranton.com/hbo/strokestudies.htm
- Hyperbaric Medical Center of New Mexico (new research and uses) -- www.nmhbot.com/ 404 Brunn School Rd, Santa Fe, NM 87505. Phone: (505) 955-8560
Additional Information On Obesity
- Diet Soda Warnings Coincide with Government Plans to Bail Out Sugar Industry
In the eary 2010s, the NYC Mayor tried to ban sodas over 16 oz. The media said diet sodas cause obesity. Then the US Govt. decided to bail out the Sugar Industry and buy 800,000,000 pounds of sugar.
- Mexican Childhood Obesity Now Worst in the World Because of Vitamin T
America's population is the most obese in North America, until it was surpassed by Mexico in 2012 - 2013. Canadians are third most obese group and enjoy the longest lifespans of the three.
© 2007 Patty Inglish