- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Bedroom color schemes
Bedroom color schemes
What colors should i use in my bedroom to help me relax and sleep better? That is a question that many of us ask ourselves at one point or another. After all the bedroom is the room of our dreams and thus the most important room of the house so you need to give it proper attention, think well of the atmosphere you want to achieve in that room and the activities you are going to undergo there. Once you have decided you can easily pick one of the following bedroom color schemes and create a perfect match to your personality and goals.
More on colors and health
Popular bedroom paint colors and their meanings
1. Blue and green - both are very relaxing colors that remind you of nature: green vegetation, blue sky, water. These are truly relaxing colors that help you chill out after a hard day's work. No wonder we find these bedroom color schemes in adult people's bedrooms so often.
2. Black and white - black gives the impression of a tight space, making the room feel smaller, which may seem depressing as it doesn't do well for the light in the room. White on the other hand has the opposite effect, making the room seem bigger and brighter. Some people might not like colors so much and try to achieve a balance through the use of black and white, which can also have a yin and yang meaning.
3. Bright purple - As the color of lavender, purple calms you while you at the same time takes you away to the realm of imagination. Bright purple is a great color for summer. You can also use scented lavender candles or real flowers to help you have a deep and restful sleep.
Other useful tips and tricks
- Tryptophan foods and other natural sleep remedies
The simplest methods of insuring that all important good night's sleep can be reduced to basically just a few healthy habits and adequate nutrition. From tryptophan rich foods to a little snack before you go...
- Practical money saving tips
Saving money can either be a way of life or something that you will never do, there is no in between and the choice is ultimately yours. You could argue that in today's world where prices keep going up and...
- Top 5 memory stimulating plants
As a person who believes we should take as little pills as humanly possible, I have never liked using any kind of chemical stimulants so these plants have been of great help while studying for my exams or...
- Top 10 decorative pillows with a twist
Here's a way to make sleeping a bit more interesting, with these funny and a little bit eccentric decorative pillows! The emoticon pillow Whether it's because we live in a world where they're already...
4. Red and yellow - both are lively, active colors. These are
well suited for rooms where you spend most of your time or participate
in most of your activities. They aren't recommended for a bedroom
because they won't allow for such a good night's rest. Of course you can
combine both yellow and red with other colors and create bedroom color
schemes than can liven up your room. Or better yet buy red or yellow bed
sheets to give the bedroom that spot of color and energy it sometimes
5. Turquoise - it can help you calm down enough when you're stressed to be able to sleep, it's a non-aggressive color that will make you sleep better and hopefully only dream about the sea, ocean or sky.
6. Orange and Brown - orange and brown in your bedroom color schemes will give you all the energy required for an entire day. A bedroom using paint of these two colors will be very dynamic and will give you all the adrenaline you need. These two particular colors also won't hinder your sleep that much, at least not as much as red and yellow, so you will still be able to get a good night's rest.