- Alternative & Natural Medicine»
- Whole-Body Health & Holistic Medicine
Being ridiculed for body size
Body Size Ridicule
Being ridiculed for the size of your body is so very rude and prejudicial. It is a form of bullying. One can not help how they were born. For example: Too short ,too tall to thin, too fat. One can get elevated shoes for height or wear flat shoes for the ones that are too tall, but for weight some have medical problems,like thyroid etc... and they have no choice this is just who they are.
So for someone to ridicule you for something you have no control over whether it is genetic or medical is just so unfair. Ridicule and bullying of all kinds happen often. The point is what will we tolerate? How should we react?
The best things is to do:
1. Ignore such people and hang around with more like minded people.
2. Don't allow them to see that you are hurt as that only feeds their ego.
3. Don't react just keep walking. They want you to react so they can continue making fun of you. So when you don't give them any attention they are left looking like the idiot and they eventually stop because it no longer feeds their ego.
4. Be self resilient. Know inside your self that you are perfect whole and complete no matter what your size. Most of the time when you are confident inside yourself you won't get picked on.
5. If it does escalate to physical abuse not just verbal then I would go to the authorities and let them deal with it. If it is just verbal I wouldn't give them the attention or time of day as they don't deserve it. Life is just too short to waste your time and energy with such people.
I have wondered what the person doing the ridiculing or bullying ever got out of being mean to others and I realized that they have some major self esteem issues. The only way they can address them is to boost their egos any way they can. So one form is verbal and psychological abuse and the other is physical abuse. Whatever it takes to make them feel good about themselves. They are truly sad individuals that need psychological attention.
So if you are someone who has ever been ridiculed for your body size just know that the person doing the ridiculing has many more problems than you could even imagine. So never take anything they say seriously as they are the ignorant unhappy ones.
Stay strong ,be safe and know that you are perfect just as you are. Only hang around those that are of like mind.
I love these quotes from Eleanor Roosevelt:
"Great minds discuss ideas.average minds discuss events,small minds discuss people."
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built."
"Friendship with ones self is all important,because without it one can not be friends with anyone else in the world"
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
"When you know to laugh and when to look upon things as too absurd to take seriously, the other person is ashamed to carry through even if he was serious about it."
Many many blessings to you on your life's path.