Benefits of Black Pepper: Can it help in weight loss? Health and Nutrition Information about this fiery spice.
Benefits of Black Pepper
Black pepper is a fiery spice that adds fire to blend food and make them nutritious and healthy too. Benefits of Black pepper abound as its use all over the world.
It marks its origin from Asian countries like India, China and quickly gaining its popularity in various continents. Black pepper looks are similar to small black rounded balls that are crushed in grinders to give black pepper powder and finally, used in cooking.
Here, is the summary of benefits of black pepper, also known as "black gold" in historic times:
1. Black pepper is natural antibiotic. This spice helps to kill the bacteria, germs naturally and act as natural antibiotic agent. Thus, it helps to reduce gas, constipation, diarrhea problems. It helps to clean the digestive system and improve metabolism. Regular intake can help to maintain healthy digestive system. It is easily available in spice section or as black pepper supplements.
2. Black pepper helps in weight loss. This fiery spice helps to burn unwanted belly fat and increase metabolism. Both these factors help obese people to reduce excess weight by simply adding this spice to their diets. However, moderation is key and only small sprinkle of black pepper over your meal is optimum.
3. Black pepper is nature's antidepressant. This spice contains an important ingredient, piperine, which helps to boost mood by increasing endorphins in our body. These endorphins are associated with happiness. Black pepper, also helps to stimulate the central nervous system and is a natural means to give a lift to your bad mood. Next time, when you are depressed, go for black pepper recipe and see the difference.
4. Black pepper is anti-cancer. This spice helps to prevent cancer naturally. This herbal medicine was used in historical times to treat and prevent various killer diseases. Today, the number one killer disease tends to cancer and adding this spice is a good preventive measure to reduce your chances to be diagnosed with cancer. Lot of research is done in this area and the result shows that black pepper shows anti-cancer properties.
5. Black pepper improves bio-availability of nutrients. In today era, bio-availability is one of the key factor that determines which supplements are good. Nutrients are only useful if they are absorbed by the body. Adding black pepper, helps to aid in the absorption of vitamins and minerals. Adding black pepper to your meals is a good way to ensure that you are optimizing the absorption of nutrients in the food.
The benefits of black pepper or black gold is beyond description. It is renowned for its healing properties. Start sprinkling black pepper in your meals to enjoy the health benefits of this super miraculous spice.
Here, are some black pepper recipes to experiment and enjoy: