- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Benefits of Cardamom: How the sacred spice can detoxify your body and cure diseases? Health and Nutrition Information
Benefits of Cardamom
Cardamom is a sacred, herbal spice in India and its intense aroma and taste makes it versatile in cooking. It is used in sweet deserts, tea, coffee and even in simple frying recipes. This herb is renowned for its medical benefits and alkaline properties.
Physically, it is a small seed pod with tiny black seeds inside and green outer covering. Hailed as queen of spices, in ancient culture, it was used as healing herb. The benefits of cardamom are abundant. Here, is a summary of the advantages of this wonderful herb:
1. Cardamom is good for dental health. In many ancient cultures, cardamom was chewed in mouth after meals. It serves as a good cleaner of teeth and gums. It acts as a good breath freshener. After eating pungent foods like garlic, fish, our mouth can be full of strong odor. Eating a seed of cardamom helps to keep your mouth clean and good aroma.
2. Cardamom is an excellent detoxifying agent. This healing herb helps to detoxify our body and cleanse the system of toxins and harmful bacteria. Regular eating of cardamom is very beneficial for health.
3. Cardamom is a good stimulant and enhances appetite. This herb helps to improve digestion and improve metabolic system. It also helps to get relief from gas or flatulence problems. Overall, it is good for our digestive system.
4. Cardamom provides relief from headache. This healing herb can also be useful in case of headaches. A good cardamom, ginger tea can do wonders to your health and give relief from common aches.
5. Cardamom helps in asthma. In cases of breathing problems like asthma, adding a small amount of cardamom to your diet can bring natural relief to the breathing condition. Cardamom acts as anti-inflammatory herb and helps to reduce the inflammation of the airway path and lungs.
6. Cardamom is anti spasmodic. It helps to stop spasms and tremors. Regular intake of cardamom can be a good preventive measure to stop spasms naturally.
7. Cardamom is natural anti depressant. Adding herbs like cardamom can lighten our moods and give us good happy feeling. Cardamom need to be taken in very small quantity, like one or two seeds to provide optimum results.
All the above listed benefits of cardamom in this article are for information purpose only. In case of any serious health problem, medical guidance is recommended.
Cardamom is an excellent aromatic and healing herb. Add this herb to your meals and cup of coffee, to enjoy the benefits of cardamom.
Here, are some interesting cardamom recipes: