Benefits of Dark Chocolates!
Benefits of Dark Chocolate
Benefits of Dark chocolate. Chocolates are loved by everybody. Children, teenagers, young and old men and women, all enjoy eating a bar of chocolate. Latest research shows eating dark chocolate can actually make a big difference to your health too. It is very beneficial to your health. No longer it is seen as bad and waste of money. Here, is a list of wonderful benefits of dark chocolate:
1. Good source of Antioxidants. Antioxidants help to absorb the free radicals. Free radicals can create a havoc in our body by slowly killing our essential organs and making us look old and haggard. These free radicals are easily removed by antioxidants and dark chocolate is a rich source of antioxidants. It is best to eat dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate to yield the benefit of antioxidants. The high amount of cocoa found in dark chocolate helps to provide the good health benefits. Dark chocolate is very rich and concentrated form of cocoa, so even a small piece of bar gives the advantages of antioxidants.
2. Reduces Depression and Stress. Dark chocolate helps in the production of serotonin and endorphin in the body. These are good feeling hormones and it can provide a big boost to your mood. Pregnant women and many women tend to crave chocolate and this could be one of the reason. Serotonin is also linked with good sleeping benefits.
3. Heart Friendly. Dark chocolate is good for heart health. It helps to regulate your blood pressure as it is rich source of important minerals like copper and magnesium. It makes the blood circulation good by making the blood vessels flexible and strong. Thus, the overall cardiovascular health is improved if a small piece of dark chocolate is daily added to your eating regime.
4. Reduces the bad cholesterol. Dark chocolate is good in even reducing bad cholesterol or LDL (low density lipoproteins). It contains a chemical called flavonoid which helps to decrease the bad cholesterol and thus improve the overall cholesterol levels. Only dark chocolate gives the maximum benefits of reducing bad cholesterol levels. Milk chocolates are not effective in this area.
5. Low glycemic index. Dark chocolates contain less sugar. They have high concentration of cocoa and thus, have a bitter taste. Dark chocolates contain cocoa ranging from 70 to 90%. The glycemic index of dark chocolate is low which is a great benefit for those who are looking for low glycemic index foods. Less sugar provides good health benefits. If you can get used to the bitter taste of dark chocolate, it is a good health food. However, quantity needs to be controlled and only a very small piece of bar is beneficial.
So, start eating dark chocolate without feeling guilty! It is good for your health, especially cardiovascular health. It prevents premature aging and makes you feel good and happy. Relax and take a dark chocolate break.
- Natural remedies to high blood pressure problem
Reducing blood pressure naturally is easy and simple. Natural remedies for high blood pressure include garlic, ginger, fennel and fenugreek seeds.