Benefits of Eating Lentils
Lentils are very low in calories and are rich in nutrition. They easy to cook and get cooked very quickly compared to other dried beans. Lentils have high levels of protein.
1. Lentils contain folate which helps with lowering homocysteine levels in the artery walls protecting the heart and preventing heart attack.
2. Lentils are helpful with lowering cholesterol in the body because of the soluble and insoluble fiber it contains.
3. Lentils help with relieving constipation because it contains fiber.
4. According to studies conducted it was proven that a diet high with lentils and peas they are both have high content of flavones which helps with preventing and lower the risks of breast cancer.
5. Lentils have the ability to trap carbohydrates therefore helps control the sugar levels and has low glycemic index.
6. Lentils are a great source of protein and contain only healthy fats like the omega-3 fats.
7. Lentils help with maintaining weight.
8. Lentils are also high in iron and provide the body with energy.
9. Lentils also contain vitamin B which is needed for the functions of nervous, digestion and immune system.
Lentils contain the following nutrient such soluble and insoluble fiber, protein, carbohydrates, fatty acids, omega 3, magnesium, folate, vitamins and many more.
Lentils also contain purines which may be harmful to people who are sensitive and prone to gout and kidney stones.