Health Benefits of Garlic: How is it beneficial to heart and sexuality? Health and Nutrition Information about Garlic
Benefits of Garlic: Health and Nutrition Information
Benefits of Garlic
Garlic is synonymous to miracle herb. It can cure and prevent a long list of chronic and toxic health problems. The great bonus of garlic is that it tastes good too. It is widely used in cooking to provide meals an exotic and extravagant taste.
Since ancient times, it is widely used in medical health. It originates from Central Asia and its usage spread rapidly to Europe, Asia and other parts of the world. It belongs to onion family. Benefits of garlic are just too many and here, is a brief snapshot of key health advantages:
1. Garlic is heart's best friend. It is excellent herb for heart. It helps to reduce overall cholesterol by lowering bad cholesterol (LDL), reducing triglycerides and improving good cholesterol (HDL). It also helps in blood thinning and thus, preventing blood clot. Frequent use of garlic reduces risk of heart attack and helps to regulate blood pressure.
However, if you are under medication for blood pressure or any other disease, doctor's advice is required before any significant change to diet is done.
2. Garlic is a powerful antibiotic. It fights against bacteria, viruses and infections. The compound, allicion, found in garlic acts as a powerful antibiotic. Frequent use of garlic in meals or supplements, can help to prevent and reduce chronic diseases like common cold, flu and sore throat.
3. Garlic is a good antioxidant, an excellent source of vitamins and minerals. It helps to absorb free radicals and prevent the radical damage and slow aging of humans. It is a good source of vitamins and minerals. Vitamins A, B, C and minerals like calcium, zinc, germanium (good for anti-cancer properties) and potassium are found in garlic. Thus, garlic acts as a good herb in preventive medicine. Daily usage of garlic can provide boosts to overall health and stamina.
4. Garlic strengthens immune system. This herb boosts the immune system. When the immune system is strong, we are less susceptible to diseases. Garlic can be especially good for children, old and even young adults who are often sick and need to visit doctors frequently.
5. Garlic is good for sexual health and for those longing to have children - This miracle herb helps to improve blood circulation and improve libido. There are research studies done which show that it can be good for your sexual health and reproduction. It can help men suffering from impotence.
6. Garlic is effective protector against number one killer disease, cancer. Regular eating of garlic in meals or supplement form, can give a better protection against cancer. Numerous studies have been done in this field and result shows that when garlic is taken frequently, the cases of cancer reduce drastically.
7. Garlic is a good fighter against obesity and helps in weight management. Garlic helps to increase body metabolism and acts as appetite suppressant. Both these factors, help in combating obesity and eating garlic can be one of the crucial step to effectively manage weight problems.
To list all the benefits of garlic, it will require a big encyclopedia. To summarize, garlic is excellent. It can be easily added to meals. After eating, it can leave a strong, pungent smell in our mouth which might cause some of us to resist eating it regularly. If adding in meals is not possible for some, it is also easily available in pills. Garlic pills can be bought online.
Do give garlic a chance, to let you enjoy its health benefits!