Benefits of Ginger: What makes ginger a powerful herb? Health and Nutrition Information about Ginger
Benefits of Ginger
Ginger, a powerful herb is renowned for medicinal and culinary usage. It spice ups the meals and boosts our metabolic system too. Ginger originates from Asia, like China, India and quickly spread to other countries like Greece, other parts of Europe and finally, the whole world. Benefits of Ginger abound and this ancient herb can be a miracle to your health.
Here, the key benefits of ginger are summarized:
1. Ginger helps to reduce painful cramping during women monthly periods. This simple looking herb is beneficial to decrease pain and cramps during menstrual periods. Drinking a cup of ginger tea or adding ginger to your daily meals, can make a big difference.
2. Ginger helps to overcome motion sickness. Many people tend to have motion sickness while traveling by land, sea or air. Ginger tea or ginger supplements during journey can be a great way to overcome this problem.
3. Ginger helps to reduce muscle pain. Aching muscles can be a great hindrance to our mobility. Supplementing our diet with ginger supplements or adding this herb to meals, can assist in reducing pain in muscles. Drinking ginger tea every day, can be another way to add ginger to your daily regime.
4. Ginger is anti-inflammatory and helps in reducing arthritis symptoms. Arthritis can be painful and cause joint pain. The inflammation of the joints is reduced by regular intake of ginger. Hence, adding ginger to your daily meals can help you to reduce arthritis problems.
5. Ginger helps to fight cold, sore throat and congestion. This medical herb is famed for being used to treat common cold, flu and reduce sore throat and congestion issues. It is anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory. Drinking ginger tea can be very soothing to sore throat. It helps to boost our immune system and prevents common flu, infections from reoccurring.
6. Ginger is good for heart. Ginger, like garlic is heart's best friend. Ginger help to reduce bad cholesterol and improve good cholesterol. Overall, cardiovascular health improves by adding this simple herb to diet.
7. Ginger is good for sexual health. It helps to boost libido and improve blood circulation. Since ancient times, it is recommended as sexual tonic. Small additions to meals or taking ginger supplements can help boost your sexual health and overcome impotence problems.
8. Ginger is good for pregnant women. Many pregnant women tend to face the challenges of nausea and vomiting. Adding a little ginger to your diet can help overcome and reduce the vomiting and nausea.
Ginger is an ancient herb that has lost its popularity in the era of medicine and antibiotics. However, the benefits of ginger tell us that we are losing out by forgetting this great herb. Add this herb to your diet or take ginger supplements to enjoy the benefits of ginger.
Few Ginger recipe videos to enjoy: