- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Healing Benefits of Reiki
Reiki is a traditional Japanese practice to help aid in relieving stress and promoting relaxation by triggering the the body's natural healing abilities and balancing your spirit, or chakra. Reiki is an all natural therapy that is thought to help balance your mind, body, and soul.
This alternative practice is non-evasive and for most positions the practitioner won't even touch you. The energy used to allow your body to heal and relax is transferred and channeled between two people.
It is thought that by using the energy of life force, you can accomplish healing the entire body.
One or two sessions won't fully break down energy blocks, but over time, you can accomplish a full dispersal of bad energy and toxins from your body.
Stress, Depression, and Illness
There are many things in life that can weaken the body's spirit and energy, and when the natural energy force is disrupted or blocked, you may experience an emotional imbalance, such as depression, mood swings, and overall stress. You may even experience related health problems.
Factors that can affect your chakra:
- Emotional or physical trauma
- Feelings of fear, worry, doubt, anger, and anxiety
- Negative self-talk
- Nutritional depletion
- Destructive lifestyle and relationships
- Neglect of self and lack of love for oneself or others
- Not expressing emotions at all or in a healthy way
Reiki is used to help balance these factors so that you can have a stress free and healthy life.
Health Benefits of Reiki
Reiki is an alternative healing practice, and being that it's alternative, there aren't any proven studies of the reliability or effectiveness of the practice, but the following are thought to be the benefits of the Japanese practice of relaxation.
- Deep relaxation
- Aids the body to release stress and tension
- Aids sleep
- Reduces blood pressure
- Help with acute injuries
- Relief for chronic problems (asthma, eczema, headaches, etc.)
- Faster recovery from illness
- Helps to break addictions
- Helps relieve pain
- Assists natural detoxification
- Reduces some of the side effects of drugs
- Helps the body recover from drug therapy after surgery and chemotherapy
- Supports the immune system
- Lessen pain
- Aid in metabolic function
- Help clear the endocrine system for better function
- Increases vitality
- Postpones the aging process
When the body is free of stress and tension, and you are more relaxed in life, your body will heal itself faster. Today we rely on medications to aid the body in healing and recovering from a cold or illness, but Reiki is a technique that is thought to help with basic illnesses that is chemical free. With Reiki, you don't have the excess toxins in your body, so it can heal itself faster naturally.
Reiki is a quick tool to help relieve pain and stress, as well as a quick energy boost. It can be used on men, women, children, and even animals.
Guide to Practicing Reiki
Disclaimer: Please be aware that the advice in this article should in no way replace that of a licensed physician. Reiki is not proven as a healing treatment, and it is always recommended that for serious illnesses, you consult your doctor for diagnosis and to discuss treatment.