Benefits of drinking Oolong Tea
As you know, I love tea. We have sorts of tea at home - chrysanthemum, jasmine, green tea, and of course oolong.
Oolong tea is a traditional Chinese tea. When exposed to heat, its balled leaves unfold to the likeness of a dragon; which brings us to its Chinese term, Wu-long (black dragon).
If you want to get the benefits of black and green tea in one cup, try oolong tea.
Oolong is not entirely fully-fermented black tea; nor is it purely unfermented, like the green tea. Rather, it’s a combination of both.
Oolong tea is semi-fermented.
The benefits of oolong tea, in this case come from both its black and green tea composition.
Benefits of Oolong Tea
Because of the semi-fermentation process, Oolong tea is more potent than the black and green tea, separately. It contains more high levels of antioxidant, polyphenols. They keep our defense system strong. Its polyphenols combats free radicals from harming our body.
- In the process, drinking oolong tea provides us with healthier, glowing skin. It helps fight the appearance of wrinkles, spotting and other signs of aging.
- Its polyphenols also help in burning off fats. This makes weight loss as one of the benefits of oolong tea. You will experience the weight loss benefits of oolong tea by simply drinking the tea alone. Imagine what more calories you’ll burn when you actually do some physical cardio exercise.
- The benefits of oolong tea include energy boost, as well. Oolong tea helps increase one’s metabolic rate, mental awareness and alertness. This makes the tea good for athletes, students, busy moms and office workers who need high energy levels in their workplace.
- Oolong is good for the heart, too. Cardiovascular health is one of the benefits of oolong tea. It helps regulate high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. It lowers the risk of heart problems, including stroke or having high blood pressure.
- The benefits of oolong tea also extend to our digestive health. Drinking oolong tea after a meal aids in the entire process of digestion. It helps relax our gastrointestinal tract which makes it good for the hyperacidity and those with acid reflux.
Try Oolong tea today!
You can buy Oolong tea from Chinese, grocer's stores and even online. Oolong tea is also good to make lemon iced tea at home. It's healthy, refreshing and very tasty.
Bookmark or share this page if you enjoyed it.