Why and How Fasting is Beneficial for Health
Fasting means abstaining yourself from food for a specific period of time. Fluids may or may not be taken depending on the purpose of fast: when fast is observed from religious reason fluids too are not allowed but if fast has been observed to gain health benefits only, fluids can be taken.
Fasting is beneficial for health in many ways but to gain maximum benefits from fasting you must determine the perfect duration of fast and number of fasts that you need to observe consecutively or with gaps. Fasting is not starvation as it does not empty stomach for long time. The purpose is usually to get rid of toxins from your body. Fasting may become dangerous if it is observed for long period of time when your body can not cope it. In most cases fasting is done for one day.
Benefits of Fasting Fasting simply is a rest for your body, soul and mind. It allows cleaning of toxic wastes and increases your willpower. With fasting you feel better and quality of life improves. There are endless benefits of fasting. Religiously taking fasts have always been observed in different religions to purify body and soul and to gain maximum strength and control our sins that we commit without any conscience. Modern day detoxing is also a form of fasting in which you abstain from certain food items that are not good for health.
Physical Benefits There are endless benefits our body derive from fasting for a specific period of time. Fasting is the easiest method of attaining physical well-being and life longevity.
- Detoxification of GIT Our gastrointestinal tract needs cleaning every on and off. We tend to eat different sort of food that produce toxic wastes in our body. When these wastes accumulate for long period of time they cause several health problems by fasting digestive system becomes clean.
- GIT gets some Rest Gastrointestinal system needs some rest so that it can work in better manner later on. When body abstain from food and drink for some hours digestive system take some rest and become better able to work.
- Weight Loss Fasting is a real powerful tool in weight loss. It detoxifies toxic wastes and help in shedding extra pounds. It is a natural method of weight loss in which you do not need to depend on any artificial weight loss medicines or weight loss therapies.
- Skin Clarity When toxic wastes remove from your body your skin look fresh and young. In detoxing too you avoid eating unhealthy food while limiting yourself to only fruits, vegetables and fluids so detoxing like fasting also brings skin clarity.
- Treatment of Blood pressure Your blood pressure remains normal during fast.
- Control over Bad Habits and Addictions It is quite difficult to exert control over your bad habits like smoking, drugs, drinking or other such things but with fast you can control your addictions in better manner.
Spiritual Benefits Fasting help in gaining spiritual satisfaction. It nourishes perseverance and patience as a result of abstaining from food and drink. The power of fasting can not be denied as it has always been linked with spiritual satisfaction. When fasting is done as a sacred religious act, it forces you to control your negative desires on which you have limited control. With fasting you feel calm and in this calmness you get time to look inside and to know your positive and negative habits, to control bad habits and to polish good ones.
Fasting is practiced by Muslims, Christians, Jews and Hindus since these religions existed. The purpose of fasting in these religions is purely spiritual-to gain Gods blessings. Religious fasting help in gaining better understanding of the under-privileged people and to help them according to your strength.
Psychological Benefits Mental nourishment and growth takes place with fasting. It promotes greater mental clarity. As you feel lighter physically your mental capacity also work more energetically. With clarity you can focus on your ideas, things and projects that are important. You also feel emotionally stronger because of lightness on your soul, body and mind. It has also been seen that fasting heals depression in many patients.
Experience the benefits of fasting by starting from one or two days and later on you will feel that fasting does not make you feel empty on your stomach rather it makes you more active, strong, energetic, clear and focused. So give it a try!!!