How to use turmeric powder, for a spotless, shining and glowing face- home remedies
A short note on turmeric
Turmeric (curcuma longa) is a sterile plant and falls in the category of herbs. It needs heavy rainfall and a temperature between 20 to 30 degree celsius for better growth. It does not produce seeds and thought to be a hybrid product of curcuma aromatica widely available in India, Sri Lanka and the Himalayas. It is widely used in Asia in its culinary dishes. We can call it of the family of ginger as its roots are more like to that of ginger. Turmeric has been in use for centuries in indian homes to skin treatment and other medicinal uses. In this article, we are going to know the secret magic of turmeric on our health and skin care.
Health benefits of turmeric
- Glucose control- Turmeric is very useful in glucose control. It controls the glucose level by reducing the resistance of our cells to insulin. Therefore, it helps in controlling the establishment of type 2 diabetes.
- Arthritis pain- Its anti inflammatory property makes it a good natural remedy for reducing arthritis pain. I can say it is one of the excellent treatments to keep arthritis pain down. Studies have shown that regular use of turmeric reduces the rheumatoid arthritis pain by 60% and that is remarkable. It supports adrenal glands to produce hormone which in turn help in reducing inflammation. You can take turmeric mixed in hot milk (without boiling) thrice a day.
- Improves digestion- Turmeric helps in improving the digestion system by the production of bile. Bile is a type of enzyme helpful in the breakdown of carbohydrates and fats. Turmeric tea is advisable to improve digestion.
- Recommended in cancer- Turmeric has anti oxidant property which makes it useful in clearing free radicals. Free radicals are the unstable oxygen molecules which are responsible for damaged cells and can lead to cancer if left unchecked for a long time. These free radicals are also responsible for early aging. Turmeric clears these free radicals present in the body and helps in cell formation. It is recommended in colon cancer treatment. Further, research in New Jersey shows that turmeric, if used in some particular vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, and turnips reduces the risk of prostate cancer remarkably.
- Good blood circulation- Turmeric has anti platelet property which makes it helpful in reducing blood clotting. Reduction in blood clot activity promotes healthy blood circulation which is good for heart.
- Controls diarrhea- Turmeric powder is helpful in treating diarrhea. Mix half teaspoonful of turmeric in a glass of water and drink it twice a day to treat diarrhea. You can take turmeric powder with a fruit juice also.
- Heals wounds- Turmeric is very helpful in healing wounds. For centuries, it has been in use as pain reliever and helps in early healing of wounds. Mix a teaspoonful of turmeric powder in a glass of hot water and drink it to get relief of pain instantly. You can also take milk in place of hot water. Make a paste of turmeric powder and mashed up ginger. Apply it on the wound and put cotton over it. This is very helpful in healing wounds and burns.
- Helpful in nose related disorders- Turmeric is also helpful in treating disorders related to your nose. Even in sinus it is recommended. Turmeric is very useful in clearing blocked nose, sniffling and restoring the smelling sense. Just mix a pinch of turmeric powder and pure ghee, apply this on the fine mucus lining of your nose.
- Gums and teeth- Turmeric powder can also be used to keep your gums and teeth strong and healthy. You can make a paste of turmeric powder. Take a teaspoonful of turmeric powder, pinch of salt and half teaspoonful of mustard oil. Mix all these to makes a paste. Now apply it on your gums and teeth. It keeps gums and teeth healthy if used twice a week.
- Alzheimer's disease- It is also helpful in treating Alzheimer's by removing the buildup amyloid plaque in the brain.
Turmeric in skin care
Turmeric is also used in various skin care products. It is widely used to keep our face skin glowing and spotless. For some of the best skin care treatment it is recommended to use kasturi turmeric or circuma aromatic. It is non staining and good for treating acne, inhibiting facial growth, and very beneficial in keeping your face charming.Here are some of the most common skin care treatment using turmeric.
- Reduces wrinkles and keeps your face glowing- If you are looking for a natural remedy to keep your wrinkles down and a glowing face. Opt for turmeric powder face mask. Turmeric powder is extensively used in various anti wrinkle and face creams. You can enjoy the benefits of those costly products at home. Turmeric powder is the most important ingredient of this face pack. Take a teaspoonful of turmeric powder, half teaspoonful of rice powder and two teaspoonful of milk with tomato juice as required. Mix these contents thoroughly and apply it on the whole face. Leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with mild warm water. Apply this face pack twice a week to get better results.
- Reduces facial hairs- Mix a teaspoonful of turmeric powder in your facial scrub and then leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse it with mild warm water. You can also use turmeric powder with rice flour in equal proportions to reduce facial hairs. Apply this every alternate day before going to sleep to see the results in a month.
- Treats acne- Turmeric is anti bacterial and anti inflammatory agent which is helpful in treating acne and pimples. It also reduces redness and inflammation caused due to acne. Take a teaspoonful of turmeric powder and teaspoonful of coconut oil or lemon juice. Mix it thoroughly and apply it on the pimples. Leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse it with normal plain water.
- Face pack for oily skin- Turmeric powder is good for oily skin. Take one tablespoonful of sandalwood powder and a pinch of turmeric powder with a two teaspoonful of orange juice to make paste. Apply it for 15 minutes and then wash with lukewarm water. Apply it every alternate day before sleep to get soft and glowing skin. The turmeric powder helps in production of sebum a type of oil released from sebaceous glands and sandalwood is a natural astringent and orange helps in reducing blemishes.
- Exfoliate for a brighter skin- You can make a ready usable paste of turmeric powder. Take turmeric powder and rice flour in equal proportions and keep it in an airtight bottle. Whenever, you want to exfoliate, add a teaspoonful of soy milk and apply it on the whole face. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it with warm water. Regular use of this paste can brighten your skin with more softness.
Clear your dark circles and puffy eyes
- How to get rid of dark circles and puffy eyes with home remedies
Glowing eyes on a glowing face adds extra attraction towards a person. Nowadays, dark circles are commonly seen on everyone's face. You can now be clear off those dark circles and puffy eyes at home
Lets know about your face cream
Your face cream contains turmeric?
Over dosage of turmeric can be troublesome
Anything which is beyond the limit is not good for anything. Every thing has a limit and we should know the limits to enjoy the benefits to the fullest. Over dosage of turmeric can cause adverse effects on our health including gastrointestinal disturbances, with other stomach problems. Frankly speaking there is no recommended dosage of turmeric in medical science as it is not considered an essential nutrient. We can use our wisdom to decide how much is too much. Turmeric if used as medicine requires precautions in some of the conditions:
- People with severe liver disorders should avoid the use of turmeric.
- People with obstructive jaundice, gallstones, and heart disease which is not identified should avoid the use of turmeric.
- Ladies who are pregnant or trying to conceive or have a history of fertility problems should consult a good doctor before starting turmeric as supplements.