Best Ab Workout For Men
Having good core strength is vital in getting in the best possible shape. It's the connector between all the strengths you have; without good core strength, the power of your other muscles isn't nearly as effective. It's therefore very important that you focus some of your energy on working on those core muscles.
Not every ab workout for men are worth it. You need to find good ab workouts for men that focus not just on the superficial muscles of your abs, but the overall strength; it's one thing to focus on ab workouts for 6 packs; and it's another thing, and much better thing, entirely to find good core exercises for men. The best ab workouts are the workouts that incorporate all the muscles groups and do so in a way so that everything is activated.
Below I will list three of the best ab workouts for men; these are ab routines that can be done at home and require nearly no gym equipment.
In Depth Ab Workout Guide
- Ab Ripper X Workout Exercises
These ab ripper x exercises make up one of the best abdominal workouts around. It focuses on core strength by using the movements of your hips and chest. The ab ripper x workout contains simple...
Don't Do Too Much
Ab Ripper x, like all good ab workouts for men, shouldn't be done every day. Your core strength will grow the most when you're resting it; doing the exercises three times a week, and no more, should be a good benchmark.
If you're feeling sore the following day then you should take the day off.
Ab Ripper X
This is my favorite ab workout for men, although it's very suitable for women as well. Ab ripper x has some of the best ab ripper exercises for men because of the reasons I previously stated - it incorporates all core muscles, giving not just superficial strength, but real strength that can be used in the real world.
Ab ripper x is part of the P90x workout program and this means that every single core exercise can be done at home without any additional equipment. It's generally encouraged that ab ripper x be done in cohesion with the rest of the p90x workout program,but it can, if desired, be done separately and on it's own.
It doesn't just ab exercises that really work, but has ab workouts that work both the lower and upper abdominals. This makes it a workout that can supplement any kid of workout - whether that means an addition to a p90x program or after you go for a run doesn't matter. Ab ripper x will work when you want to work at because, believe me, it's tough.
Ab Ripper X Workout List:
- In and Outs
- Crunchy Frog
- Cross Leg/Wide Leg Sit-Ups
- Fifer Scissors
- Hip Rock and Raise
- Pulse Ups
- V-Up/Roll Up
- Oblique V-Ups
- Leg Climbs
- Mason Twist
Insanity Cardio Abs
Insanity is another home workout program that, like ab ripper x, pushes your body to the limit without having to go the gym. The insanity program is a 60 day program, compared to p90x 90 day program, and is much more cardio oriented.
This isn't to say that there are no ab workouts in the sixty days - because there are. In fact some of the best abdominal workouts for men stem from the insanity cardio abs workout. It's much more cardio ab workout - compared to the pure strength of ab ripper x - and this therefore makes it one of the best stomach exercises, as well as great ab workout for 6 packs.
Cardio Abs is only around 16 minutes long. It's supposed to be done in conjunction with the insanity, 'pure cardio' workout, but it can be done on it's own. The theory is, however, is that it should be done after whatever workout you're doing.
Insanity Cardio Abs Workout List:
- Leg Raises
- High Plank
- Oblique V-Ups
- Spider Man/Knees In
- Hip Tucks
Make Your Own Ab Workout
Home workouts aren't the only solution for finding the best ab workout routine for men. The gym has plenty of options that can strengthen your core.
Some good ab exercises are:
- Reaching Crunch on Ball: Sit on a swiss ball with your feet shoulder-width apart and lean back so your back is parallel to the floor. Straighten your arms and point them to your shoulders; then move forward like you would do a crunch. Hold the position for a few seconds.
- Twist: Find a seat that is angled upwards. Sit down and wrap your legs around the end. When you feel secure move upwards and twist to the side. This is a great lower ab workout for men.
- Pull Across: Using a pulley machine, and around 25 pounds. Stand straight and grab one of the pulley handles with both hands. Pull it across your body with your abs.
- Leg Ups: Lay down on a mat. Put a swiss ball between your legs and hold it secure. This is one of the best ab workouts for men because it involves many different muscles. Lift your legs up and over your head - make sure the ball doesn't move when you lift.
- The Hold: You need a partner for this one. Lay flat on the mat and get your partner to stand over your head. Grab his/her ankle for support; then lift your legs above your head where your partner can grab then. He, or she, will then proceed to throw your legs to the ground. Your job is to make sure they don't touch the floor by activating your core.