- Exercise & Fitness»
- Weight Training
Best Chest and Shoulder Workout
Beginners and Experts Guide
Working out can be very hard for someone who doesn't know what they are doing, that is why I am here to help you. In this article I will teach you exercises to do in your "Chest and Shoulder" workout. Also I will give you simple tips to help you grow muscle faster while shedding fat.
Chest Exercises That Build Muscle Fast
Chest muscles are very easy to build quick, you just need good exercises, good eating habits and the will power to stay with your workout. Let's get started!
- Push-ups. You should do about 100 pushups DAILY. These will help build muscle and if you stick with them you will see a significant gain in power. I suggest while doing these that you place one hand on top of a basketball or soccer ball and switch every 10 reps.
- Bench Press. Benching is the main chest exercise that you should be concerned about in my opinion. Try to use a bar and plates but if you don't have these available to you use dumbbells. IT IS IMPORTANT YOU HAVE A SPOTTER WHILE BENCHING. Try to do 4 sets of 10,8,8,6.
- Incline Bench Press. This exercise will help in both your chest and shoulders. Try to do 4 sets of 10,8,8,6. Like the regular bench press always have a spotter while doing this. Incline benching is always harder to do a heavier weight than benching or other exercises so be patient with your workouts.
- Flies. Flies have a great benefit. These will definitely help define your chest muscles and will reduce a great amount of fat stored up in your chest area. Try to do 5 sets of 10 reps. To do Flies lay on a bench (bench press bench, not a regular bench) with a dumbbell in each hand. Then raise your arms straight in the air with bells touching. After that drop your arms towards the floor while keeping your arms straight (it is important to not bend your elbow) like you are giving a hug. Then while still keeping your elbows locked raise your arms into the original state of them pointing towards the ceiling.
Having strong and muscular shoulders are important because they look good and are vital in everyday tasks. Perform these exercises the day of your chest workout and you'll se great results.
- Shrugs. These are very simple and easy exercises. Just get a bar and some plates or dumbbells and literally just shrug while keeping your posture as straight as you possibly can. I suggest doing 4 sets of 25 reps.
- Side Laterals. Do 5 sets of 10 reps combined with the other exercises and see results fast. All you need is two dumbbells and yourself. Grab a dumbbell in each hand and while keeping your elbows locked raise each arm to shoulder height to make a 180 degree angle and slowly lower down and repeat.
- Front Laterals. Also do 5 sets of 10 reps. These are just as easy as Side Laterals. Again all you need is two dumbbells. This time instead of lifting your arms at your side you are going to lift them straight in front of your body to shoulder height while keeping your elbows locked.
- Military Dumbbell Press. This exercise is great, easy, and shows amazing results. Get two dumbbells and sit in a good seat with the straightest back you can find. Make sure it doesn't slide easily. Then with dumbbells in hand lift the dumbbells to shoulder height as if you were making the sign of a field goal (this will be your origin of the lift). After that raise your arms, bending your elbow slightly, over your head until the weights almost touch, lower and repeat. Make sure you go nice and slow. You should feel the burn.
Tips and Tricks
- If you perform all of these exercises correctly in one workout you should see good results!
- Always have a spotter when you are unexperienced
- Eat healthy- try to eat a lot of protein during your day. Also eat lots of fruit and vegetables
- Cut back on sugary and greasy foods
- Try to drink a protein shake right after your workouts
- If you are soar ice, heating pads, icy hot and sleep will be your best friends
- Supplements are not bad when you are trying to build muscle- check out a health site that sells them, like GNC or bodybuilding.com
- Stay faithful to your diet and workout or you'll never see results!