- Diet & Weight Loss
Best Eating Disorder Quotes
Eating disorders are something that plague the young and old culture of both men and women. They can cut deep into people and cause depression, anxiety and obsession. Eating Disorders can begin to take over lives. Often times, quotes can be a good way to provide inspiration.
Statistics of Eating Disorders
- 91% of women on college campuses admit to controlling their weight through dieting
- 86% report onset of eating disorder by age 20; 43% report onset between ages of 16 and 20.6
- Anorexia is the third most common chronic illness among adolescents.
- 25% of college-aged women engage in bingeing and purging as a weight-management technique
- An estimated 10-15% of people with anorexia or bulimia are male
- Men are less likely to seek treatment for eating disorders because of the perception that they are “woman’s diseases."
- 4% anorexia nervosa
- 3.9% bulimia nervosa
- 5.2% eating disorder not otherwise specified
Do quotes help provide you inspiration in your time of need?
- "You can rely on how you look to sustain you. What is fundamentally beautiful is comparison for yourself and for those around you. That kind of beauty inflames the heart and enchants the soul." -Lupita Nyong'o
- "Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light." -Madeline L'Engle
- Do not compare yourself to others. If you do so, you are insulting yourself." -Taylor Swift
- "When I accept myself, I am freed from the burden of needing you to accept me."-Dr. Steve Maraboli
- "You're imperfect, and you're wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging."-Brene Brown
- "You can't be measured by the size of your waist, because character and capacity for love don't come in sizes."- Unknown
- "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'."- Mary Anna Radmacher
- "Be careful how you are talking to yourself because you are listening."- Lisa M. Hayes
- "Tell the negative committee that meets inside your head to sit down and shut up."- Ann Bradford
- "You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful."- Amy Bloom
- "Unique and different is the new generation of beautiful; you don't have to be like everybody else. In fact, I don't think you should." - Taylor Swift
- "You're a human being. You live once and life is wonderful so eat the damn red velvet cupcake."-Emma Stone
- "I think hell is something you carry around with you. Not somewhere you go."- Neil Gaiman
- "The sexiest thing in the entire world is being really smart and being thoughtful and being generous. Everything else is crap. I promise you."- Ashton Kutcher
- "Beauty is sincerity."- Taylor Swift
- "I keep telling myself that I'm a human being, an imperfect human being who's not made to look like a doll, and that who I am as a person is more important than whether at that moment I have a nice figure."- Emma Watson
- "Beauty is not between a size 0 and a size 8. It's not a number at all."- Ellen DeGeneres
- "A cultural fixation on female thinness is not an obsession about female beauty but an obsession about female obedience."-Namoi Wolf
- "There are more things to be than beautiful."-Unknown
- "Your imperfections make you beautiful and they make you who you are so just be who you are, love yourself for who you are and just keep going."-Demi Lovato
Dove Real Beauty Sketches
Dove Real Beauty Campaign
Dove is a company that tries to redefine beauty and focuses on real beauty attributes. They try to show the world, "real beauty" as opposed to airbrushed and retouched photographs.