Best Essential Oils for Eczema in Children
Eczema is a bully
For any mother that has a child with eczema, you very well know that eczema is a daily fight to keep it at bay. It is like walking through hell and back somedays. Between getting them to take their medicine, keeping them from scratching, and keeping the allergens at bay hoping the eczema will not flair up again every day is a struggle. Bottom line is life is hard. But what if your child did not have to take the meds everyday? What if you could control symptoms so they would not be irritable everyday or would even sleep all night long without scratching? Essential oils have been a lifesaver for us. I am so glad we have found an all natural solution for us and it can work for you too!
1. LAVENDER - This is our absolute favorite because it has so many uses! It contains antibacterial, antiseptic, anti fungal, calming, and anti-inflammatory properties that make it the holy grail for children with eczema. It also helps to encourage healing and helps reduce the appearance of scars. We use this in our diffuser around the house before bedtime to calm our other children and also put a few drops in the bath along with ground oatmeal to soothe eczema symtoms. Since using this, my child now sleeps all night without itching.
2. TEA TREE - Tea tree oil is known to have antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties as well while also having antiviral properties. It is an excellent oil to promote healing and reduce inflammation.
3. FRANKINCENSE - Frankincense is another great choice for treating inflammation. It also helps to inhance the properties of any oil that it is paired with.
4. HELICHRYSUM - Helichrysum is awesome at encouraging cell turnover and can help with itching and irritated skin.
5. CEDARWOOD - Cedarwood also helps encourage healthy cell production. It also helps balance the natural oil in your skin!