How to Find the Best Fish Oil Supplement
Finding the best fish oil supplement isn't easy in this day and age. There are a lot of companies out there that produce sub-par products, so we as consumers have to keep our eyes open and know what to look for.
Most of the fish oil side effects are caused by poor manufacturing and companies trying to make a quick buck.
You probably already now the health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids, so I won't go into that in this article. I have personally been researching supplements and ways to improve my health naturally for almost half a decade.
Why You Shouldn’t Buy Just Any Supplement
Let’s face it, we live in a society where money is prioritized and this is no different with most of the companies that produce omega-3 fatty acid supplements.
Their main goal is to make money, which means they will cut corners and do whatever it takes to stay in business. These kind of products are cheap and found in almost any retail store.
I figured this out the hard way. I wasted a lot of money and time buying and using products that didn’t have any positive impact on my health whatsoever.
When you’re looking for the best fish oil supplement, make sure you know what you’re looking for. The best fish oil supplement is not more expensive than the really bad ones, if you know where to look.
How to Find the Best Fish Oil Supplement
With all that out of the way, there are a few common characteristics you find in really good omega-3 fatty acid products.
This comes completely from my own personal experience, so I recommend you do your own research and see what works for your body, mind and soul.
1. Company. The absolute first thing I look at is the company producing the fish oil supplement I am looking at. How long have they been in business? What are their ethics? If a company has been in business for 10 years and only makes the proven purest and best products, then I usually go on to my next point.
2. Fish. A lot of fish contain omega-3 fatty acids, but many of them are swimming in polluted and toxic waters, which means it can cause long-term damage to your health. The best sources for fish are South Africa, New Zealand and Norway. The best fish are salmon, hoki and tuna. Recent clinical trials have even shown that when you blend hoki and tuna into the same fish oil capsules, the health benefits are increased by over 250%.
3. Distillation. Something that is essential when you want to find the best fish oil supplement is how it has been purified. The most effective way to do this is through molecular distillation, which filers and removes any toxins on the molecular level. Even though the fish may be caught from pristine sources, such as New Zealand, you still want a distillation process to ensure safety.
4. Price. Let’s face it, you probably don’t want to spend a fortune on supplements. I’m exactly the same way. I’m constantly baffled when men and women spend $30, $40 or even $50 on a month’s supply of fish oil capsules. I personally pay around $18 for a month’s supply and the product I use is extremely high quality and the best I’ve used. Make sure you do some comparisons so you don’t pay too much, because you can save thousands over the long-haul.
5. Guarantee. A good company will give a solid money-back guarantee on their products. This almost goes without saying, but I am surprised at how many still buy products without good money-back guarantees. Read the fine-print before you buy, because companies, especially low-quality companies can trick you with their guarantees.
6. Proof. Last, but definitely not least is the importance of looking at laboratory tests, clinical trials and scientific data. The best fish oil supplement company will provide all of these on their website. Third party testing for purity is essential if you’re looking for the best fish oil supplement, so look at everything the company offers you. I would even recommend calling their customer support and asking them a few questions to see how they deal with them.
The Health Benefits of Fish Oil Are Real
There is no doubt in my mind that the health benefits of fish oil are real. The only problem is most men and women are buying cheap and useless products because they just don’t know any better.
This is unfortunate and it is one of the reasons why I wrote this article. I hope you’ve learned something and are now more able to find a product that will improve your health and happiness.
What have your experiences been with fish oils? Let me know in the comments!