The Best Foot Massager in 2014 - Reviews of Machines And Foot Baths
Deciding on an electronic machine or footbath
Choosing the best foot massager first of all means deciding which of the two main types you would like.
Perhaps you like the idea of having an electrical machine that delivers a deep massage to your aching feet?
Or maybe you'd prefer to soak your feet at the end of a long day while watching television, reading or simply enjoying the relaxing feeling it brings.
Foot Massage Poll
Which kind of foot massager do you like to use?
This review brings you the best two from each category. You can find the following 4 models fully reviewed below:
1. MediMassager MMF06 Variable Speed Foot Massager
2. Sharper Image MSG-F110 Deep Kneading Shiatsu Foot Massager
3. PIBBS Foot Bath Massager
4. Brookstone Heated Foot Bath
1. The best foot massage machine: MediMassager MMF06 Variable Speed Foot Massager
The Medimassager is the best foot massager when it comes to power, design, control and effectiveness. It's not cheap, but it's worth the price considering how effective a massage it provides.
It's used to treat poor circulation in people with diabetes and neuropathy, and both patients and medical professionals recommend it.
It also has the reassuring approval of the FDA, meaning it's both safe and effective.
- It's the most powerful machine available.
- It has 11 speeds, so if you have sensitive feet you can keep it on a low setting. But if you want deep and powerful stimulation you can find just the right level.
- Stimulates blood flow.
- Can ease joint pain, muscle tension and cramps and reduce swelling.
- Helps promote a feeling of relaxation in the body and mind.
- Useful for people who spend a lot of the day standing or walking and need to soothe the aches in the feet and legs before the next day.
- Solid and robust design.
- Angled to make it easy to rest your feet on while sitting.
- An arch bar allows extra massaging for the toes, arch and heel. You can also use it to massage the calf area.
- 1 year warranty.
- At high speeds it can move around on some floor surfaces. It does come with grips to reduce this though.
- It is one of the more expensive foot massagers.
The Medimassager is rated as the best foot massager due to its sturdy design, wide range of speeds, sheer power and effectiveness. The fact that it's FDA approved and used by medical professionals all add to the feeling that you're getting a serious piece of massage kit here.
2. The Best Heated Foot Massage Machine: The Sharper Image MSG-F110 Deep Kneading Shiatsu Foot Massager
The Sharper Image foot massager provides an infra-red heated massage that combines Shiatsu and acupressure.
Add to that the rolling parts controlled by the toes, and this machine is excellent for relaxation and improving circulation.
- It has 6 rolling heads (the red circles on the picture) which help guide your feet into the correct position and then provide a deep-kneading Shiatsu massage with a rotating action.
- It is more than just a vibrating machine, with the rotating action providing a more realistic massage effect than many other machines.
- Provides a soothing and relaxing foot massage.
- Stimulates circulation and eases pain.
- You can choose to turn the heat on or off.
- The controls can be operated by the toes - great for people with restricted movement.
- Lower price than many other electronic foot massagers.
- There is no control of the speed. There are only 3 settings: on, on plus heat, and off.
- May not be as deep a massage as some people require.
- The heat is quite gentle.
- You cannot remove the fabric cover to clean, so ensure you have clean feet when using it to prevent it getting dirty.
The sharper image is the best foot massager which combines heat with motion massage. It provides a balance between the shiatsu style kneading action of the rotating discs and the infra-red heat element.
It may not be as powerful as other foot massagers, but for people looking for a more relaxing and soothing experience, and who find gentle heat does this for them, then it should provide what you are looking for.
3. The Best Foot Bath: PIBBS Foot Bath Massager
The PIBBS Foot Bath Massager is one of the best foot bath massagers available. However don't expect a massage anywhere near as powerful as the mechanical machines.
Foot baths generally don't have the same kind of massaging effect as proper massage machines. They are best considered as being a good device for relaxation rather than a full-on massage.
So with that said, let's look at the PIBBS foot massage bath in more detail:
- It comes with 3 different settings: vibrating massage, heat with water circulation, massage and water circulation heat.
- Deep enough to come up to your ankles.
- The water stays hot.
- Comes with attachments which you can put on the bottom and then rub your feet on to give yourself an extra massage.
- The bubble effect, vibration and heat all combine to provide a pleasant, relaxing and soothing effect for your feet.
- It's not as noisy as many other machines.
- Easy to fill, empty and clean.
- The written instructions are not very clear, though it's easy to work out how to use.
- People with large feet may find it does not cover their feet and ankles (size 11+).
The main complaint people have with these kind of foot massagers is that they are not powerful enough. But if you are simply looking for a pleasant, warm and soothing way to relax your feet after a long day, then the PIBBS is probably the best foot bath massager for the job. It keeps the water warm, has a nice variety of settings and is easy to use.
4. Best Foot Bath Massager For Larger Feet: Brookstone Heated Foot Bath
The Brookstone heated foot bath is the best water based foot massager for people with large feet. It also has the best massaging jet power in this price range for people looking for more than a relaxing, warm foot bath.
It has its pros and cons, like every foot massager in this review, but if you struggle to squeeze your size 13 feet into other models, then this may be the one for you.
- It's large enough to fit size 12+ feet comfortably.
- It has 2 powerful jets by your toes which can rotate, and you can change the pressure of the jets. The jet action adds an extra massage and sense of relaxation.
- The overall effect is relaxing and soothing for aching feet.
- It can help with neuropathy due to the massaging effect and warmth of the water.
- It comes with a remote control, so you do not need to keep bending over to change the settings.
- Very strong and sturdy design meaning it should last the test of time.
- The temperature can be adjusted.
- It takes a long time to heat up water - so you will need to start by putting in warm water.
- The massage rollers on the bottom do not move electronically. So you need to move your feet yourself, which can reduce the overall feeling of relaxation.
- If you have large feet, you will not be able to use the manual rollers as you will hit the edges with your toes and heel.
- It's very large and heavy when full of water, so you may struggle to empty it in one go unless you are physically strong enough to carry it.
- You can't put any kinds of salts or oils in without risking damaging the machine.
The Brookstone foot bath is more powerful than other models in this range, and great for people with large feet. With several adjustable settings you can be sure of a relaxing foot bath and massage. If you're strong enough to lift it to empty it, then you could be in for a treat with combination of water, heats, jets and massage.