Best Medical Home Remedies of All Time
Top Home Remedies
Have You Tried Any?
Have you ever tried a home remedy for a cough?
Medical Home Remedies
Top Home Remedies
1. If you sustain a burn put it under cold running water but ,do not put it on ice. Do this as soon as you get burned and do it for around 15 minutes or a little longer if it's a big burn.
2. If you get burned and you have an aloe vera plant then your in luck. Simply break off a thick limb and break it in half. The juice, if you will, inside the leaf will help soothe your burned mark. As soon as you get burned place the aloe vera directly on the burn. These plants are neat to have around the house in case of a burn but, they are poisonous to cats so, you will want to keep the two apart.
1. Chicken soup (Chicken Noodle, Cream of Chicken) are great for colds because, a hot bowl of soup is great for steam in your face. It makes you feel better and is very soothing for a sore throat.
2. Vitamin C is great for treating colds. There are several different forms of Vitamin C currently. Several years ago, you could only find orange chalky chewables. I am thankful that it now comes in a pill form so, that I do not have to taste it. If you like orange juice, it is a great form of Vitamin C. Vitamin C, helps the immune system stay strong and fight infection so, it seems to make a person feel better in general.
3. Make Hot Tea and after you pour a glass mix a tablespoon of honey in it. Drink it while it is still hot to help heal up and sooth your sore throat. Lemon is tasty in this cup of tea as well.
1. When you are sick you get dehydrated quickly, especially if you are vomiting or have diarrhea for any length of time. You can try to rehydrate by drinking plenty of water. That is fine but, if you are truly dehydrated, you should drink something like Gatorade or Powerade. These drinks will replace the electrolytes that are lost during an illness.
2. Dress light and cool so, that you can sleep as cooly as possible to try to break your fever if you have one. If you are lying in bed, sleep with a sheet that is a loose fit cover instead of a thicker blanket.
1. It is highly recommended that you avoid drinking alcohol before bedtime. For health reasons it is advisable to leave alcohol alone altogether. It has been confirmed to kill brain cells.
2. Sleep on your side to reduce snoring. This works well with some people but, not with everyone. There are a lot of factors that make snoring worse. How crowded the air space is in the throat, weight, family history, heart disease, blood pressure. It is important that you consult a doctor, to see if you have sleep apnea.
1. If you are stung by a bee or wasp rub chewing tobacco on it or break open a cigarette and rub it on the sting which will help reduce the pain.
2. Mix up a paste of baking soda and vinegar and gently rub it on the sting to help ease the pain.
3. Pick stingers out of your skin using tweezers not your fingers so that the the skin doesn't get infected
1. Drink plenty of water between meals as this helps with digestion and helps reduce the chances of getting heartburn.
2. Cinnamon helps with heartburn. Brew some hot tea with cinnamon in it.
1. Eat a peppermint or two as it is known to help with an upset stomach.
2. Try drinking Ginger tea or eating Ginger Snaps or Ginger bread because it helps when you feel nauseated.
1. Rinse the area around the Ivy with Vinegar which will help to alleviate the itching.
2. Take an Oatmeal bath. Soak in it for about 30 minutes because it will help heal open sores and also help with the itching associated with Poison Ivy.
1. Massaging your head with rosemary oil is known to help headaches by relieving tension.
2. Eating a peeled apple with a dab of salt once a day for a few days helps with migraine headaches.
1. Just by eating 4 or 5 prunes per day you will not have to worry about being constipated any more.
2. Taking Apple Pectin helps with constipation by bringing fibers into the body.
3. Exercising can sometimes relieve your problem especially if your walking or jogging.
1. Always bend at the knees rather than using your back when lifting something.
2. Never twist your body when lifting heavy items.
1. Taking Vitamin C helps fight the infection.
2. Mixing Lobelia and Olive Oil together and putting two small drops in each ear will help ease pain and discomfort.
1. Taking Huckleberry is a great idea because it helps with the production of insulin.
2. Take Alpha Lipoic acid because it helps to control the blood's sugar levels.
No matter what your illness may be their is always some medicine or some kind of concoction made to combat it. Always investigate when your feeling bad or your hurt in some way so you can get the very best care for your particular problem.
* Please share your own home remedies with me by leaving your thoughts in the comments capsule located at the bottom of this article.
Medical Home Remedies Books
- Diabetes: Facts and Ways of Controlling the Deadly Disease
Diabetes is a serious diseases that can affect the heart lungs, hands and feet. It can be controlled with a proper diet, medication and exercise. Pictures and videos are in this article.
- Best Medical Inventions of the Early 1900's
This article describes the top medical invention from the early 1900's. The first blood transfusion, vitamins discovery and Aspirin development were among the biggest medical advancements.
- Top Medical Inventions of The 1960's
This article documents the best medical inventions of the 1960's. CPR, Mumps and Measles Vaccines, Hip Replacements and the Beta Blocker are listed in this hub. Pictures and videos are here as well.
- Top Medical Inventions of the 1980's
This hub deals with advancements in the medical field. The Artificial Heart, The MRI Machine, The Human Growth Hormone and Prozac are listed in this article. Pictures and videos are listed here, too!
- Top Medical Inventions of The 1970's
This medical advancement hub documents the artificial heart, Gene Splicing, Cat Scanners and Liposuction are featured in this article along with pictures and videos.
- Top Medical Inventions of The 1990's
This medical hub documents ten inventions or advancements in the medical field. Vaccines for Lyme Disease and Hepatitis B are listed here along with photos, videos and commentary throughout.
Home Remedies for Leg Cramps
Home Remedies Video
© 2013 Buster Johnson