Blackheads removal Tips - Home remedy for embedded blackheads
What are Blackheads?
Blackheads are the first stage of acne also known as open comedone. After puberty, excess hormones are produced which stimulates the sebaceous gland or the oil gland resulting in excessive oil production in the pores. People with oily skin are prone to blackheads the most.
A blackhead is formed on the skin as a result of excess oil in the pores. The excess oil accumulated in the pores when exposed to air turns black in color. Small deposits of dirt and oil accumulated after exposure to air clogs the pores forming these blackheads. They are usually yellowish or blackish in color appear in the form of little bumps embedded into the pores of our skin.
These blackheads if left untreated later result in pimples formed after bacteria invading these pores leading to infection and inflammation.
There are many conditions that may cause blackheads. Blackheads are present in all skin types, but most likely to to develop on people with very oily skin. Distribution is all over the face especially the chin, forehead and sides of the nostrils. Most blackheads are deeply embedded and difficult to get rid of them easily. Blackheads also appear on the tip of the nose.
What causes Blackheads?
Excessive oil accumulation is the main cause for blackheads. At the onset of puberty hormones become unregulated due to DHT (dihydrotestosterone). This hormone results in the over activity of sebaceous or the oil gland which then results in clogged pores. Oily skins tend to form blackheads more often which later result in pimples and acne.
There are other factors also which stimulate oil glands to produce excess oil. They are mainly stress, skin allergy, disorder in immune system or intake of steroids.
Blackhead removal tips
Another common cause of the appearance of blackheads is negligence of skin by irregular cleansing. When the skin is not cleaned thoroughly and on a daily basis dead skin cells accumulate within the pores. These dead cells then clog the pore opening which then results in oil build up, causing blackheads to form. Wash your face properly and maintain proper hygiene.
Blackhead scrubs like Apricot scrubs or Walnut scrubs are very effective in cleaning your skin but they can be sometimes harsh to your delicate skin. Deep cleansing pore strips are also used by many people. Many pore strips hurt while removing the strip. It does not remove all blackheads and results in leaving your pores open. There are pore cleansers also available in the market.
Multani mitti as Cleansing mask
For natural skin cleansing use Multani mitti or Fuller's earth. It posesses highly absorbant qualities. It makes your skin radiant and removes blemishes and acne. Multani mitti or fuller's earth with rose water can be applied on the face. Sandalwood also can be mixed for its soothing effect and relieving itchiness and inflammation. Fullers earth absorbs excess oil from the skin. Cleansing should be followed with toning and then moisturizing
Get rid of excess Make-up
This is another cause of clogged pores. Excessive use of moisturizes, foundations or sun screens can also have the same effect as the overuse of makeup. Anything taken in excess always has some ill effects so moderate use is recommended. Before going to sleep as a rule remove your make-up.This can lead to blackheads and dark circles.
Although thorough cleansing is necessary but care should be taken while cleansing. Do not over-scrub. Our skin needs a small amount of oil to stay healthy therefore too much scrubbing or irritation of the skin will result in reflex over activity of the oil gland. This can stimulate oil glands to secrete more oil. Increased oil production and clogging of the pores will only aggravate acne. So one needs to be gentle while cleansing.
Regular cleansing is recommended even if blackheads are present or not because initial symptoms of blackheads are not visible to the naked eye. If your skin is left unclean, more dirt gets accumulated in the skin. It starts as yellow blackheads then turns into black, hard bumps which are difficult to extract. Therefore regular cleansing is a must for healthy and glowing skin.
- Steaming: Blackheads can be extracted easily through steam. Steaming for a few minutes helps your skin by opening the pores and softening them to enable easy removal of blackheads. There are many facial steamers available. You can also use a bowl of hot water and place your your face over a bowl. Hold a towel over your head to keep in the steam. This will loosen the pores and make the extraction process less painful. In this way you can clear the pores. Avoid steaming if the areas are badly inflamed. It can worsen infected acne causing scars. Proper consultation needs to be taken from a dermatologist. One should use a flat blackhead remover, or a comedone extractor to remove blackheads.
- Paste of red sandalwood, turmeric and milk also helps in removing blackheads. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and reduces pigmentation.It also reduces wrinkles.
- Papaya pulp mixed with turmeric powder can be applied on the face and left for 15-20 minutes. Remove this paste gently after splashing water on your face. Use your fingertips in a circular manner while removing the paste slowly. This is the most effective home remedy for blackheads removal. Skin becomes very soft and smooth, spotless, without blackheads. Blackheads on nose is the most stubborn and this home remedy works well to remove blackheads around the nose.
- Use tomato juice with turmeric powder.It will not only clear blackheads but also help in cleaning and rejuvenating your skin.
- Aloe vera juice will help you get rid of acne scars.
- Coconut water also will remove the scar.
- Castor oil is another remedy for removing scars.
The scars results if you tried to squeeze the blackhead.Do not squeeze them.Try these natural treatment and you will be blessed with a clear, healthy and glowing skin.
Remove dark circles using Vitamin E-capsules
- Dark circles can be removed permanently,why use dark circle concealer to cover it
Eyes that are healthy look beautiful regardless of their shapes and sizes.Eyes are the most sensitive organs of our body and therefore need special attention.Eyes easily convey our worries,our grief. They...