Bring out the Prince/ Princess in you and get indulged.
Disclaimer: It’s not a clinical hub but a rather compilation of personal thoughts. I tend to suffer from mood fluctuations and to be honest I am a very temperamental person. I suffer from depression also. A few days ago I was feeling terribly low (which is quite frequent with me honestly speaking) and then I just posted a forum thread here in hubpages. Responses made me think I am not alone, though earlier it was in my sense that it’s a common thing. Here in this hub it’s an attempt to list some ways to uplift mood from pure lighter way and it’s not claimed that it will work. One may give it a try. Yes, for sure I will try to remember to go through this hub when I will feel my own mind is taking a downward turning next time. These may only help in case of Dysthymia (recurrent, mild depression). Serious case needs clinical support which are always available everywhere now a days.
Every human being has a mind. Everybody has to go through many things in life. Some are good and some are bad. The good things in life make all happy whoever is concerned with it. Then bad things make everyone concerned sad. The feel of sadness and happiness is kind of transmittable. The near and dear ones also get affected to the extent of the depth of the relationship. The happiness is always much expected by all. Consequently, it just needs to be enjoyed and to be shared with the closest relations.
The concern is about the sadness. Many times the sadness/sorrow/stress may lead to depression before one realizes it. The prolong sadness leads to a feeling of failure/loneliness/emptiness/frustration in the person concerned depending on the situations. Persons who has to face a difficult phase and reason may be a lot varied for life has more mean to be annoyed then to be happy about. Throughout happiness and comfortable time people do not tend to be calculative and they don’t count the happiness rather people tend to seat and count their tears more habitually. Life is full of prevalence which may be of negative shade and people tend to attract more negativity and problems while they suffer some setbacks. May be, the law of attraction hit hard in dark hours then in lighter time of life. Normally people tend to get hurt by the loved ones more than the people walking on road or with whom they do not relate. Chronic distress may lead to depression which is a very pathetic condition as this may not be considered as a very serious problem by many and thus many times clinical support is not being seek for which the depression may go deep and may become terminal and very serious. So before its late one should try to park their mood in an up way to be happy in life.
Some signs to know your mood are taking a downward turning….
· Less sleep
· Tendency to be angry with every small thing
· Loss of appetite
· Being irritated
· More thirsty
· Loss of interest in everything
· Feeling of loneliness
Simple ways to help yourself to brighten up your own mind:
· Sweet way: In this state of mind anyways you are not going to be bothered about your weight loss issue and feel free to nibble in the stock of chocolates of your children ( if you have ). This is an instant mood park up way. But should not be done in extensive way else it may lead to some other problems. The other relevant things like diabetic and all should be considered properly.
· Talking/expression: If one can talk with friends or spouse about the troubling thing then its best. But many a times practically one does not tend to know the dampening element and in this case a simple talk with nearest one may help. Ways of expression may differ also depending on the situations. One may tend to write (which I prefer), or just maintain a journal about this issues which may be torn apart after (suggested by DreamerMeg in my forum) .
· Walk/Exercise: A walk alone in the nature always may do well. Provided one has the energy for it ( I never tend to have). The wind in the face often tends to park up the mood. Exercise always tend to boost up mind. It depends on person to person the ways to choose from actually.
· Shopping: Spouses may feel bad but then it may be simple window shopping also. Going out and diverting your mind to different things in the shops have every chance to lighten your gloomy state of mind.
TREAT yourself LIKE the PRINCE/PRINCESS of your dream:
The exclusive way you want to get treated by your loved one may be another way to think about to get your mood to happy mode. Think positive is easy to say but tough to apply in real life when you want to visit hell for a change. Then just to do something, which manner you actually want to be treated by your most loved one may be a different way to divert your mid. The ways may differ but for a moment just to think about yourself exclusive/special will simply brighten up the mind. No money may be involved in this process. Just may be not being bothered about mundane routine and pampering yourself may have the desired effect. You may take a leave; if you are working and just put your foot down and sleep may be with your fav music on may well do the trick. One can make a list of the things that are dreams to be treated with. Flower, Massage, Salon treatment, visit any place, being alone, sleeping, eating out and that special treatment can be anything and just anything. A list of things which one likes to do or feel in a normal time kept aside to take care in need will help in time of low mood. For example being alone and reading sometimes help me to brighten my mood. This may be anything. Sometimes just an idea to become damn care about the whole world may help. In this world everyone goes through a low phase every other day in life. This is all about being alive. The low phase can be turned into a happy mood by simple effort. So why not give it a try? It’s simple as it is about YOU and by YOU to YOU.
Instead of looking forward to be taken care off by someone else, why not we go ahead and take care of ourselves when world seems to turn black and white? Self-help is always biggest help for one who do not prefer to talk with people near.
So let us bring out the PRINCE/PRINCESS in us and get indulged.