Bucket List Ideas 101 Things to do Before You Die
The Bucket List was one of my favorite movies. I loved the idea of having a set of goals to work for, things to achieve that help ensure you actually live a full life, not just exist through days and years. Of course we all don't have unlimited means and time, but that's no excuse to not use the gifts of imagination and dreaming. Those who focus on higher dreams and goals have a greater tendency to actually achieve them. The movie inspired me to start my own “bucket list” of sorts. Mine was in the form of vision boards and goals that are tacked on my wall.
On my board you'll see an image of the Eiffel Tower, my dream house, and several pieces of furniture I want to learn how to build among other things. Some of my bucket list items are more philosophy on how to live my daily life, others are outlandish things I may never do even if I could, but simply having the list is inspirational in itself. Some of them I have already done, which of course gives me a sense of accomplishment.
I brainstormed with my family and we have come up with 101 Bucket List ideas, from practical to completely irrational and crazy! Hopefully you'll enjoy them and maybe even get some ideas for your own list. We even divided them into their own categories.
The most important thing is to live life fully and enjoy and savor it, regardless of what you do and where you are.
- Find the perfect partner (done :) )
- Adopt pets (oy! Way overdone!)
- Live to see and play with grandchildren
- See kids graduate high school and college
- Teach our youngest to read and write and love learning
- Take a tour of Europe
- See the pyramids
- Machu Picchu
- The Great Wall
- Walk across the US
- Take an RV and retire traveling every state
- Go on a cruise – then again, maybe not!
- Go to space
- Take a haunted history tour in every state
- Visit a castle
- Ride in a submarine
- Fly a plane
Test My Personal Limits!
- Train for and run 5K and 10K
- Train for a Marathon
- Run the Marathon!
- Complete Cycle of P90X
- Get top scores on all wii fit plus activities
- Climb a mountain
- Hike the Grand Canyon
- Go completely vegan
- Parachute off of a major landmark
- Go para-sailing
- Bungee Jump
- Parachute out of a plane
- Work as a Freelancer (done!)
- Start Own Business (done!)
- Earn 50,000 or more per year in own business (close!)
- Become a millionaire
- Publish a book
- Write and illustrate a children's story
- Master Adobe products and get certification
- Never punch a time clock again
- Become an expert in your field
- Name recognition
- Go viral on social media
- Design and publish my own Tarot deck
- $1,000 per month or more residual income
Emotional | Spiritual
- Meditate daily
- Meet the Dalai Lama
- Be kind and more tolerant
- Help those who need it
- Be a good neighbor
- Build an inspirational website
- Teach universal laws and principles to others in practical ways
- Spread joy daily
"I believe that the very purpose of our life is to seek happiness. That is clear. Whether one believes in religion or not, whether one believes in this religion or that religion, we all are seeking something better in life. So, I think, the very motion of our life is towards happiness"
~ The Dalai Lama
Education | Learning
- Get a scholarship (done!)
- Graduate with honors
- Take a Philosophy course
- Take an Astronomy course
- Teach a class like soap making or crafting
- Learn professional photography
- Learn to build furniture
- Build something cool
- Learn coding and program a video game
- Learn to ride a motorcycle
- Learn to sail
- Dance lessons
- Learn to scuba dive
- Learn how to oil paint
- Learn to draw
- Learn a martial art
- Build a robot
- Create an app
- Create a great piece of art
- Finish my cross-stitch quilt before I die
- Buy Victorian Era Home (done!)
- Fix Victorian Era Home (never done!)
- Move to a new home near the ocean
- Build a room yourself
- Redecorate a house using all up-scaled/re-purposed items
- Have a zen garden or secret garden in your backyard
- Build a greenhouse
- Cook a dish from every single country around the world
- Learn a new language fluently
- Learn sign language
- Start a bartering shop or business
- Be a superhero
- Save a life
- Be kind and generous anonymously
- Pay for someone's college who otherwise couldn't afford it
- Live in another country for awhile
- Buy a stunning, antique opal ring
- Try a new hair color
- Start a foundation
- Read all the books ever written by your favorite author
- Watch 50 Academy award winning movies
- Invent something
- Find a cure for a disease
- Buy a dream car
- Restore the dream car
- Meet your favorite author
- Be a historical actor so I can wear Victorian clothes
- Digitally preserve and restore all of my old family photos and clippings for future generations
- Plan my funeral/memorial
- Drink a very old expensive bottle of fine wine
Do you have a bucket list?
You May Also Enjoy....
- How to Escape Your Dead End Job and Become Self-Suff...
Different ways you can start your own business with little to no money and free yourself from traditional employment.
- You're a Liar! 10 Lies You Need to Stop Telling Your...
Do you tell these lies to yourself? Find out if you have self-sabotaging habits that are holding you back.
- 15 Techniques to Overcome Self-Sabotage and Unleash ...
Understanding self-sabotage and real tools for overcoming self-sabotaging habits like procrastination and perfectionism as well as techniques for developing positive new habits and behaviors.
- How Can I Get Motivated? 10 Ways to Motivate Yoursel...
Simple techniques to beat procrastination and distraction and get motivated today.
© 2013 Christin Sander